Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Is there a gear indicator for the Wing that shows what gear I am actually in other than neutral and OD. I thought I saw an after-market set up but now I can;t find it. It would be nice to know at times, especially sitting at a light in 2nd gear. The weather here has been great and I am back riding! (yes I am a fair weather rider) . I just love to ride my Wing !!!!

·
Premium Member
3,609 Posts
imported post

If your looking for something to tell you every gear you are in....agnogel's link is the way to go.

If your more concerned with whether or not your in 1st or 2nd, voltage warning and a pseudo alarm (for the time being), that's virtually non-taxing on your system, plug and play for ANY 1500, check out Rudy's SmartLight "Gearhead". Rudy is a member on here and has come up with a great product.

http://rudysbackyard.com/forum/index.php?topic=130.0

I have one on my 1990. I love mine. During some upgrades, I broke the LED to the smartlight. I didn't realize how much I missed my smartlight!! Replaced the LED and all is good. I have had mine for almost a year.

When my brother got his 1200, the SmartLight "Traveler" was one of the first upgrades to go on his bike.

http://rudysbackyard.com/forum/index.php?topic=135.0

If you have any questions, just send Rudy a PM. He is traveling from AZ back to GA right now...but usually checks the board when he can and at night.

·
Premium Member
476 Posts
imported post

Now just a little over two years later, what sources are out there since all previous links are dead?

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

Wingstuff has a gear indicator/volt meter combo

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
imported post

Wouldn't you know it......... I've got a '89 1500. Won't work on those apparently. Can't imagine why not:?.

Dave.

·
Anti-Guru
2,711 Posts
imported post

For '88 and '89 there is no 2nd gear indication from the gear position switch.

All years have no indication for 1st gear, but do have signalling (grounded conections) for all otehr gear positions including Neutral.

So, these can work on the '88 and '89 bike, but will indicate that you are in 1st gear when the bike is actually in first or second gear.

The ICU/CCU in '88-'89 doesn't differentiate load calculations between 1st and second, the '90 and up ECUs (CCU was eliminated) supprts different timing maps for all gears.

:smiler:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.