Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I just bought a 1991 Gl1500 Aspencade with a Lehmann Trike conversion. I don't know how to get it into reverse. I have tried everything. Can anyone help me. I know I'm missing a procedure or something, but never had a bike w/ reverse before.

·
Premium Member
1,851 Posts
imported post

Start trike.Find nuetral. Green nuetral light should come on. Raise lever on left hand of bike to straight up position. Nuetral light should go off. Press starter button to go backwards. Never use reverse for a parking brake. If reverse isn`t working, cable adjustments may be needed.
Tom Bishop
`98 S.E.

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Thanks Tom. Got it. Duh, I feel so stupid. I never saw the lever and it says 'reverse' in caps on the top. Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Does anyone happen to know how to open the trunk on the Lehman conversion. Probably staring me right in the face, but I nor any of my friends can fiigure it out.

·
Premium Member
3,706 Posts
imported post

You do know that there are three "finger levers" under the center of the top trunk at rear don't you?

The top trunk is opened by pulling the center finger lever like stock.

Usually on a Lehman, the lower trunk is opened by puling the left side finger lever which used to open the left saddlebag.

If that don't do it, try the right one.

If that don't do it, then it maybe that the cable outer sheath has slid through the hole where it enters the trunk, reach over the top lip of the lower trike body at rear up under the top trunk, over to the left side and feel / look using a mirror .... for the cable. may have to pull it back some.

:waving:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.