Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I am looking at buying a new adjustable windshield for my 1500. Can some one tell me what the distance is from the fairing to the top of the windshield with it in the lower position and then in the upper position. My reasoning is how tall I am and were the windshield will hit me. If you have a 1500 and can measure for me I would owe you one. I don't know what I can give other then maybe a return question favor.

Moxie

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
imported post

I think this was asked recently Moxie, you might be able to find it in the Search box.

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

IIRC ... the stock OEM windshield is 21" tall in it's lowest position, measuredfrom the rubber seal on the top of the windshied garnish, to the top centre of the shield. It will adjust upward, a grand total of close to 1 3/4", I believe.

Dusty

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

Look at the V-stream windshield. I'm happy with the stock sized one I put on for this xcountry trip I'm on. The vent is up higher than most so the breeze hits my face. Great in warm weather.

·
mr irrelevant
2,205 Posts
imported post

the total height of the stock windshield is about 27", it might help too to let us know how tall you are, others that are that height can chime in too that way...

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Some one asked how tall I am. I am 5' 11" but what I want is to be able to see just over the top and also be able to get somecover if I need it. I have a Tulsa on the new bike I just bought. I am not necessarily unhappy with it. I just would like to have a little more room between the shield and myself.Air wise right now its great because it is coldout butwhat is it likein the summer will I have enoughair. I see there are a few different ways to go in after market brands.

·
Premium Member
675 Posts
imported post

I'm 6' 4" and used to have a Tulsa on my 1500............I get what you are saying about hitting it or wanting to just look over it rather than thru.

There are many good windshields but I personally now use a Windbender which is sold by Firecreek Accessories, which just happens to be near you. I suggest you try their website.

It doesn't have a vent which made me apprehensive but which I now do not miss. It is, however, adjustable thru a great range and is in two pieces, allowing it to be removed in seconds for cleaning.

I adjust it low for riding around town and much higher for highway cruising on long trips. It doesn't provide quite the same protection as the Tulsa, but I am much happier with looking over the top, the multiple adjustments, and the way it keeps itself defogged.

Good luck with whatever you choose.

T.

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
imported post

Hey moxy

I cut down the tall winshield I got on the 1500 I bought . It had swearls in it that made it usless at night altho good in the day so it was off no value. I used masking tape to mark off where the top would be with windshield all the way down.

After a few test rides I was able to determine where to cut. I ended up taking 6 inchs off and it seems about right possily a little high yet.

You could do this with your windsield and after you find where you like it meassure and order one that lengh

Wilf

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.