Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 gl1500se . I installed a head light modulator just before the wife & I went on a 10 day road trip. I need help!!! when the modulator flashes I hear a tic in our intercom, every flash tic, tic. tic. after a while it will drive you nuts. I checked the 2 ground on the right side up from the brake, don't really know were to go next. thinks

·
Senior Guru
3,589 Posts
That isn't unusual. Depending on the make of modulator you fitted (you don't specify in your post), you may need a suppressor.

·
Premium Member
1,046 Posts
I put one on my 2000 Aspy. I have the same thing. It's not very loud & after a week or so I don't even notice it unless I listen for it.:?

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have a 2000 gl1500se . I installed a head light modulator just before the wife & I went on a 10 day road trip. I need help!!! when the modulator flashes I hear a tic in our intercom, every flash tic, tic. tic. after a while it will drive you nuts. I checked the 2 ground on the right side up from the brake, don't really know were to go next. thinks
I have a signal dynamics on my 99 SE, no problems. What brand is yours?

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

I have the pathblazer head light modulator from Kisan electronics. I called and the tech said I was getting feedback from some were ????? what is the suppressor ? were does it go ( @ gen) ?

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
I have not had that problem, using either Signal Dynamics or Kisan (sorry dunno the Kisan's model#).

·
Premium Member
196 Posts
i had a problem that sounds exactly the same. the brand of modulator was different. i built a filter. it was a fun project a but a pain in the rear considering i expected the modulator to be an easy project. i suspect those who find they can live with the noise are suffering from some hearing loss or bad intercom. those that don't have noise at all may have chosen a better modulator mfr! here's the link i posted. follow the thread down to my second post with the resolution.

http://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums...-modulators-interfering-audio.html#post997951

·
Premium Member
196 Posts
you know it just occurred to me that the volume of the clicking is likely related to the power draw of the lights being modulated. i have modulated and filtered the power to the high beam headlights. i have a modulator on the brake light too, but that clicking is quieter than the clicking used to be on the high beam modulator. so perhaps the problem could be minimized by choosing bulbs that draw less power? or modulating the low beams?

·
Premium Member
763 Posts
Tic

I have a prosthetic (metal/plastic) Aortic heart valve and that goes "tic, tic, tic " Glad it does !! See a tic is not always annoying ! :ROFL:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.