Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Has anyone put more powerful headlights in the GL1500. The standard 55/65 aren't working for me and I am thinking of putting in 80/100 but don't want to overload the wiring. Has anyone had any experiences with this?

Thanks

Dennis

·
Premium Member
4,379 Posts
imported post

Do a search about HID Xenon kits. there are 35 Watts and 55 Watts kits, those wont overload your system.

·
Premium Member
3,624 Posts
imported post

Sylvania Silverstar Ultra's. Really put out the light, but a bit pricey at $45pair but worth it!

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Thanks. I have heard of them. Do you know if you can run the higher wattage bulbs without burning up the wiring?

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
imported post

The SilverStars are considerably less expensive on Ebay.

·
Premium Member
2,790 Posts
imported post

ive been getting the silverstar ultras for about $20 a set on ebay actually in 4 diff #'s they are $50 + tax at autozone and advance

but for the money like williams_86 says the HID's are worth every penny and trouble to install them

i have a set of 50/55W from xebrites on my 87 and have ultras plus driving lights on my 86 sei and as soon as i get back from toronto in 3 weeks another HID set is going on that one

hands down,HID is the only way to go,the 87 beats it even w/o the driving lights

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.