Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

'89 1500, when i turn the key on the light comes on, hit the starter -light goes out but does not come back on when engine starts, I have been told to clean the switch - but what switch and where is it and how DO I clean it thanks B O B

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
imported post

The starter switch is more than likely what you need to clean. In a pinch I have sprayed some WD40 through the opening to get mine to not stick. I only did this as an on the road repair until I could get home, dissasemble and clean the switch and put some dielectric grease in it.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
imported post

Pull Outwards on the switch, and verify that your headlight comes on. If it does, then the switch is dirty, and causing itself to stick in the Inwards/On postion.

Note that all Honda's turn off the headlight when the starter switch is depressed.

·
Premium Member
28,832 Posts
imported post

I agree when it happened to me it was just a dirty switch. If you take it out to clean only dissamble it inside one of those 1 gallon freezer bags. There are springs inside and although most of the time they don't move the bag will catch them if they do.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.