Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,365 Posts
imported post

Note my cell phone wire colors on the picture under "STEVE". Cell works great.

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
imported post

What 3-wire harness are you using Wichita Scorpion? I have had a couple of us working with a Palm Centro and have not been able to make things work. When we make connections, incoming voices are great, out going voice is ok. When the bike is running, incoming voice are great, but no one can hear me talk. I do have a Compufire if that makes a difference. Do you have any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
1,365 Posts
imported post

treker8098 wrote:
What 3-wire harness are you using Wichita Scorpion? I have had a couple of us working with a Palm Centro and have not been able to make things work. When we make connections, incoming voices are great, out going voice is ok. When the bike is running, incoming voice are great, but no one can hear me talk. I do have a Compufire if that makes a difference. Do you have any suggestions?
I used Mick's write up: http://lindleyonline.com/goldwing/cellphone.htm
Mick has changed his grounds since original. Before he only used mic and headset ground to a common point, now separate.
I used a Hands Free Device wired to connect into the bike intercom. On my 1983 GL 1100A the bike Intercom Volume effects the other person hearing me talk on the phone. Have to turn it up some when on the phone for the other person to hear well. My end, little too loud, but OK. A resistor size change (or volume control pot) can affect this but mine works good so haven't done anything to it. My son is riding the 1989 GL 1500 and hisphone is wired there so not sure about the intercom volume effect.
Suggest you turnyour bikeintercom volume up and see if that helps the outgoing volume.
I doubt Compufire would have anything to do with your output on the cell, but stranger things have happened.
I am interested to know what you find.:baffled:

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
imported post

Hey Witchita Scorpion
I am pretty sure I followed the instructions and built the system today. No that I think about it, I did substitute a 25k pot inplace of the 50k pot option since i could not find one. The system worked great with the intercom on and the motor off. Once the motor is running, I am told my voice breaks up a little with the activation of the mic. As I rev the motor, I am told my voice breaks up to the point to where I am not understood. For kicks, I connected the old filter to my Compufire to make sure any noise was going to be filtered even though there is an internal filter in the Compufire. I still could not be understood with the motor revved. By the way, my phone is a Pam Centro.

Let me know if you have any ideas.

·
Premium Member
1,365 Posts
imported post

:waving:Mick Lindley is the best to get advice from. His emal address is on the site. See what he thnks about your problem.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.