Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i have my old grip off to put on a throttle lock, and am going to put on some heated grips while im at it.

My question is, with the show chrome grips (either the comfort or the cheaper ones) do i need to remove the throttle tube, or can i use the stock?

Any better ones than the show chrome? Thinking of getting them through wing stuff.

Thanks!

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
throttle lock? Your cruise control not working? This is on your 93 Aspencade in your signature I presume?

As far as the heated grips it's best to add a link to the product you are asking about as there are different ones available.

Dusty has recommended these Symtec Heat pads to go under most grips, he uses them up there in Canada.

(Updated the link)

·
Premium Member
2,801 Posts
I put the ones on that Stu is talking about. Buy those. They work great. I've had em for about a year now. They're a great addition to my non-heated bike.

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
And easy on the pocket book too! You can reuse your grips if you can get them off and they are in good shape. Then put the extra saved into more Smiles per gallon.

·
Senior Smart Aleck
1,599 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
here are the ones i was referencing

http://wingstuff.com/products/27943...ontext=gold_wing_gl1500-handlebar_accessories

with regards to those heat pads you guys are talking about, how do you get a standard 7/8" grip to fit over those? Seems like it would be impossible, as grips are already tight just on the bar or throttle tube alone. Or are you buying grips for 1" bars to use over these?

with regards to the cruise question, my cruise is shot, and i actually prefer an old school throttle lock.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
P.S. i find it interesting on those pads its says "Do not use on motorcycles" :)

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
7/8" grips. They are thin.

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
You are correct. I don't believe those are the pads that we use.We,I,use the Symtec motorcycle grip heater kit,part number 16025.Last price was $38.76.The pads are designed for the left or right grip and marked accordingly and were orderded from casporttouring.com.

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
You are correct. I don't believe those are the pads that we use.We,I,use the Symtec motorcycle grip heater kit,part number 16025.Last price was $38.76.The pads are designed for the left or right grip and marked accordingly and were orderded from casporttouring.com.
OK. I goofed. I hadn't been on their site in a while and hadn't looked closely!:lash: Upon further investigation they are out of stock at another place when I googled them so I guess calsport must be out of stock too for some reason.

I updated to an Amazon link above

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
sweet, will order up a set today.

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
I don't know why that didn't show last night when I searched their site, just showed the snowmobile grip heaters and the grip puppies.
Thanks Ken.
Happy New Year.

·
Administrator
27,889 Posts
here are the ones i was referencing

http://wingstuff.com/products/27943...ontext=gold_wing_gl1500-handlebar_accessories

with regards to those heat pads you guys are talking about, how do you get a standard 7/8" grip to fit over those? Seems like it would be impossible, as grips are already tight just on the bar or throttle tube alone. Or are you buying grips for 1" bars to use over these?

with regards to the cruise question, my cruise is shot, and i actually prefer an old school throttle lock.

The draw back with those is you have to use those grips. With the symtecs you can use any grip you want and a lot cheaper. They are very thin so the regular 7/8 grips will go over them. Use hair spray as a lubricant and grip glue to put them on.

·
Old School Guru
7,889 Posts
The draw back with those is you have to use those grips. With the symtecs you can use any grip you want and a lot cheaper. They are very thin so the regular 7/8 grips will go over them. Use hair spray as a lubricant and grip glue to put them on.
Dave, I didn't take you for a hair spray type of guy.:wtf:
Gene:waving:

·
Administrator
27,889 Posts
Dave, I didn't take you for a hair spray type of guy.:wtf:
Gene:waving:
With all this hair, you bet. :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.