Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another question. these 2 connectors are under/next to the left fairing pocket. it looks like radio wires going into them and they both go into on larger harness that someone cut.
can anyone tell me what they go to, or what component they are inline for?
Thanks

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
Can you post a closer up picture? Interstate 1500s are rare enough so a clearer picture might jog memories.

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
I think one is for optional CB on my aspencade they hook up to CB controls in lower left fairing. The other I would need to go look and see what it goes to.

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
Looks like the radio/speakers connectors with an aftermarket fader plugged into them.
Without the fader installed, the two connectors are normally plugged to each other to get the amp output to the front speakers.
Adding a fader is a trick many use to get an additional pair of speaker outputs to add rear speakers that are not normally there.
The wires that go into the larger harness are on their way to the dash front speakers.
There is no factory harness for the rear speakers so those get usually wired manually to the back and spliced to the rear side of the fader wires.

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
Looks like the radio/speakers connectors with an aftermarket fader plugged into them.
Without the fader installed, the two connectors are normally plugged to each other to get the amp output to the front speakers.
Adding a fader is a trick many use to get an additional pair of speaker outputs to add rear speakers that are not normally there.
The wires that go into the larger harness are on their way to the dash front speakers.
There is no factory harness for the rear speakers so those get usually wired manually to the back and spliced to the rear side of the fader wires.
That is what I saw in the picture too. I have that aftermarket fader on the 99A I bought last week to fix up from a long sleep.

·
Anti-Guru
2,711 Posts
That is what I saw in the picture too. I have that aftermarket fader on the 99A I bought last week to fix up from a long sleep.
I'm kinda +1 on a fader -- mostly due to the wonky aftermarket plastic sleeving over the harness there (not OEM)

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
I'm kinda +1 on a fader -- mostly due to the wonky aftermarket plastic sleeving over the harness there (not OEM)
I have one of those faders in a box leftover from a rear speaker install for a guy that bought a SE, he bought the Add on Accessories speaker /fader kit and asked me to install them. His wires to the rear speakers were routed wrong and only needed fixing, he had me install the speakers anyhow after soldering in patches and rerouting on the wireing.

Those aftermarket faders are prone to failure.

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks, this will help me figure out why I have no sound at the moment. I have all the stock lights fixed now I just need to fix the lights on the front wheel and I can put it back together.

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
Thanks, this will help me figure out why I have no sound at the moment. I have all the stock lights fixed now I just need to fix the lights on the front wheel and I can put it back together.
Just unplug each of those and connect the two connectors together like Rudy mentioned. That's your sound problem.

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
they are the speaker wires going back to the radio. someone installed an amp and rewired the speakers, bypassing the radio altogether. When they did they they removed the speaker connector from the radio and cut it off. Any idea where I can get one of these connectors? its the one above/below (depending on how you look at it) the power connector on the back of the radio has the larger wires going to it.

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
they are the speaker wires going back to the radio. someone installed an amp and rewired the speakers, bypassing the radio altogether. When they did they they removed the speaker connector from the radio and cut it off. Any idea where I can get one of these connectors? its the one above/below (depending on how you look at it) the power connector on the back of the radio has the larger wires going to it.
electricalconnection.com

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.