Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm goint further with my mods, and all works as I wanted. Now "open up" a rear end wire loom mess and stuck a bit with some devices. So someone can name the electric gizmos on the pictures? Each pic shows another thing. I have no compressor for rear suspension and no cruise control, that was the plan.
I realy wish to get rid of showing devices but do not know what are they for.

Please help!!!!

·
Administrator
24,412 Posts
Try posting your pictures again.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Can you tell what section of the harness that aluminum part is plugged into? Like the tail lights or the fuel pump circuit? I am thinking maybe a brake light pulser?

·
Premium Member
3,372 Posts
It is the Starter Relay Regulator.....!!!

Red "4-pin" connector. Brown/Red, Light Blue, Green and White/Blue wires.....!!

Question: Is you bike the SE...?? Is it a Pearl White color....??

If so, I might know what the first connector in your picture controls.

·
Premium Member
5,625 Posts
Picture #2 Looks like inline diodes. Where is there location and wire colors?

Picture #3 Is speed limiter for reverse

Picture #4 Might be the gang ground connector if you are looking at the orange connector. Not absolutely sure

Pictures 5 and 6 Is the relay regulator for reverse as DBohrer already said.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
First of all thanks for all answers. In the meantime I spend few hours in my garage removing unwanted cruise harness. So now looks like less mess, but still have that electric stuff..
I attach some new pictures of my baby and better showing where the wires leds to.

Silver device with radiator is connected next to turn signal relays, so I was thinking maybe that is time canceler or however it calls, and if things like that exists in this motorcycle.
RICKF1985...do this bikes have brake light pulser??? Mine is from 1990. If yes I'd love to remove.
REDWING52 which pic shows rev speed limiter? Can I remove without harming rev ability?

My goal is to remove as many parts that I'll never use as possible. That is going to be a fun bike but must be done with taste and respect. No bobers, no rats, no cafe racers just naked gorgeous looking bike. But because of money lack that projest will be longlasting.
If someone want to see my other projectsdone previously I have pleasure to invite to see my group on facebook CUSTOMANIA (can not include link yet)

But must ask for invitation becaise that froup is closed, I just do not want unwanted people there, only bike lovers.

Attachments

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Picture #1 Is the relay regulator for reverse as DBohrer already said.

Picture #2 Looks like inline diodes. Where is there location and wire colors?

Picture #3 Is speed limiter for reverse

Picture #4 Mmight be the gang ground connector if you are looking at the orange connector. Not absolutely sure

Sorry, I did not number the pictures (will do for future reference) and now I'm a bit confused what are the pic you're talking about.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It is the Starter Relay Regulator.....!!!

Red "4-pin" connector. Brown/Red, Light Blue, Green and White/Blue wires.....!!

Question: Is you bike the SE...?? Is it a Pearl White color....??

If so, I might know what the first connector in your picture controls.

It is hard to say the colour before because previous owner (jerk) paint all including head covers on black!! But some parts shows it looks like golden colour.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Disregard what I said about the brake light pulser since Dbohrer answered with the reverse starter regulator. And no, it would not come with it stock. I though it might have been an aftermarket add on. You might want to be careful what you remove since something that is not related to something else may still be tied together in the grand scheme of the electrical circuitry.
I am really curious how you make a 1500 wing look good naked. I see all that crap that is covered by the fairings and I think "That is a LOT of stuff to hide or make look good. I have seen some stripped bikes that really looked horrible. The sad part is the people that did it thought they looked good! But I have also seen people make some really bad looking bikes look absolutely fantastic. I wish I had the vision to do that kind of work. I will have to check out your page.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Disregard what I said about the brake light pulser since Dbohrer answered with the reverse starter regulator. And no, it would not come with it stock. I though it might have been an aftermarket add on. You might want to be careful what you remove since something that is not related to something else may still be tied together in the grand scheme of the electrical circuitry.
I am really curious how you make a 1500 wing look good naked. I see all that crap that is covered by the fairings and I think "That is a LOT of stuff to hide or make look good. I have seen some stripped bikes that really looked horrible. The sad part is the people that did it thought they looked good! But I have also seen people make some really bad looking bikes look absolutely fantastic. I wish I had the vision to do that kind of work. I will have to check out your page.

Hehe, I know it is hard to get nice looking naked GL1500 but, that is my goal and will do so. No horrible bikes, not my style. You can not imagine how many kg of tubes with air jets do carbs and exhaust I did removed!!! Hom many meters of wires!!! Etc, etc....but stil, I'm working now on overall outlook. Will do fake tank from epoxid resin ....but that is forthcomming future. Many ideas come up to my mind, but pls allways remember that I do not build "monster truck".

·
Registered
367 Posts
You are talking to one of the first people to ride the Boss Hoss when it first came out with the Big Block Chevy engine. I have a VERY open mind when it comes to bikes. I still love the Boss Hoss and would own one if I could afford it.

·
Premium Member
3,267 Posts
You are talking to one of the first people to ride the Boss Hoss when it first came out with the Big Block Chevy engine. I have a VERY open mind when it comes to bikes. I still love the Boss Hoss and would own one if I could afford it.

My son has a Boss Hoss with the small block Chevy in it. That thing is scary fast when you crank on the throttle but it is a kitty cat when you don't play with the throttle. It is a fun ride. Just don't let it fall over or you will need three men and a boy to get it back upright! :laugh:

·
Registered
367 Posts
Thanks a lot bro. Already downloaded. Will obey your rules!!!!
Uh-Oh! John is laying down rules!!! Careful, he can lead you astray, he is a bit of a rebel.:laugh:

( Just kidding, You will get used to my strange sense of humor) If John says it then follow it, it is surely good advice.

·
Registered
367 Posts
My son has a Boss Hoss with the small block Chevy in it. That thing is scary fast when you crank on the throttle but it is a kitty cat when you don't play with the throttle. It is a fun ride. Just don't let it fall over or you will need three men and a boy to get it back upright! :laugh:
I rode the small block and the big block, they came out with the small block first. The small block you could lay into it pretty good before the tire broke loose but the big block probably not even half throttle and it would go up in smoke. Not only that the torque wants to roll and turn you around. But damn there fun! Yea, if you lay one over it is not like a wing where it sits on the bars and you can back up to it and shove it back up. 1300 lbs. ain't going up with one person, at least not one of our average age!:ROFL:

1 - 20 of 131 Posts