Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if there is an aftermarket supplier for 1500 spark plug wires and ignition control boxes ?

·
Premium Member
6,828 Posts
Maybe wires but no Electronic Control Module. (ECM Ignition box, PCM different terminology. Same thing) What is your issue. The Guys can help. :)

·
Administrator
26,534 Posts
You can make your own plug wires if you can find some solid core wire and you don't want anything but an original equipment ECM even if there was such a thing as aftermarket.

·
Registered
1993 GL1500 Aspy 1980 GL1100 STD
862 Posts
ECM is repairable to a degree - the output transistors in the ECM are replaceable if your Fuel Pump output or one of your coil driver outputs are bad.....

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Maybe wires but no Electronic Control Module. (ECM Ignition box, PCM different terminology. Same thing) What is your issue. The Guys can help. :)
It's a 1995 and I have owned it for 8 years. I've always been able to take it to a car wash and just ride away when I'm done washing it. Over the last couple of years it has gotten increasingly harder to start after a wash to the point where last season I only hand washed it at home for fear of being stranded for a while at a car wash. By the way I always cover the air intakes before washing.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Try spraying the wires and boots with a electrical water repellent product first. Also, I am not sure about the 1500's, but the 4 cylinder wings had a drain hole by the spark plugs that would plug up with dirt, etc and cause hard starts. I also put a small dab of dilectric grease on the plug boots and that seems to help as far as starting/riding in the rain goes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts