Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gl1500 in shop

1K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  puum 
#1 ·
My 1500 is an 89 with the classic off idle stumble, being new to me, i did not want to go through the diagnostic process to figure out exactly why it stumbles. So, i took it to a shop (on Feb 3rd i might add.) he kept telling me i'm waiting on this and that(carb rebuild and needed both diaphragms). Meanwhile, i know he is not even working on it. So, last week i kinda laid into him a bit to get it done. He calls me today at 11.00 and says its done and it runs perfect, but he is leaving for vacation at 2:00 and won't return until next Thursday. I was working in another town and couldn't get there that quick. Ain't that crappy? i just can't believe how people stay in business doing crap like this. 3 months to rebuild carbs! then screws me out of another week:lash:

#2 ·
My 1500 is an 89 with the classic off idle stumble, being new to me, i did not want to go through the diagnostic process to figure out exactly why it stumbles. So, i took it to a shop (on Feb 3rd i might add.) he kept telling me i'm waiting on this and that(carb rebuild and needed both diaphragms). Meanwhile, i know he is not even working on it. So, last week i kinda laid into him a bit to get it done. He calls me today at 11.00 and says its done and it runs perfect, but he is leaving for vacation at 2:00 and won't return until next Thursday. I was working in another town and couldn't get there that quick. Ain't that crappy? i just can't believe how people stay in business doing crap like this. 3 months to rebuild carbs! then screws me out of another week:lash:

I'm sure he'll let you pay the same way.NOT!

#12 ·
I charge more. (because I DON'T want to do the job, and I do my best to discourage people from asking me, but that only works sometimes)

Along with the carb.s, I normally have done the sub-air filter, check ALL the vac. lines, lube the cables, change the fuel filter & check the hoses, sync the carb.s, AND do the timing belts too while everything is already out of the way. The last one I did was sitting for several years so I had to clean some rust out of the gas tank too.

Bill

#14 ·
i'm happy what i paid since it runs soo much better. However, my left blinker curcit must have gotten pinched, or something. It now has real dull blink, you can barley see it. At first i thought it was not working at all. The right side is fine. The hazards never did work(think it the hazzard button) any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.