Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi all, I hooked up my (home-made) headsets today for the first time. All seemed fine as the speakers are working perfect in both helmets, however, the mics don't seem to be working. When you turn the intercom on you can here a slight background-buz that gets louder as you turn up the volume, however, there is no sound when you speak into either mic.

I followed the wiring as per Steve's tips section on here. I've removed both headsets and double checked the wiring all seems fine, I even tried swapping the mics input and ground but this made no difference.

Ithink both mics are fine as they were working in my Caberg justissimo just-speak intercom until very recently.

Is there anything I can check to verify the mics are working or indeed is there anything on the bike that I need to do to get the mics to work through the intercom?

Thanks for your help!

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Hi Ben. Thanks for your quick reply!

Good question, I presumed it was, as I new to the wing I'm not sure.

There're are 5 round knobs on the radio/cassette player marked:

1. Volume (Off-max)

2. IC VOL (Off - max)

3. Moute

4. AVC

5. Tone.

I assumed (2.) IC was for the inter-com and yes this was on. When you turn this I/C knob up and down you can hear a slight back-ground buz rise and fall with the turn of the knob.

The radio & cassette are playing fine through both head-sets, with great osund quality!

Have you any thoughts?

By the way, what does the AVC knob do?

Thanks!

·
mr irrelevant
2,205 Posts
imported post

The avc is auto volume control. When turned to the right it increases the volume for you as you increase speed due to ambient noise.Then when you slow down it will decrease for you too turning volume back down.

Knob 2 (ic volume) is for the intercom, the farther you turn it to the right the louder it should be.I also get a slight background buzz.

The middle knob is the mute. Until you get them working for sure turn it all the way to the left. As you turn it clockwise(to the right) it increases how loud you have to speak before it will over ride the radio and let you speak.

The left knob controls radio volume and has no control of the intercom, and the right knob is for the tone, usually leave mine right in the middle. Hope this helps.

·
Anti-Guru
2,711 Posts
imported post

The "Just Speak" system uses electret microphones and the GL1500 is designed for dynamic mics...

The electret mic elements would require some sort of power supply (and or pre-amp, depending on what you've got there) which the GL1500 does not have.

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Hi Guys, thanks for your replys!

I think Satan might be right, I've ordered a set of dynamic mics to check it out.

Regards

Jim

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
imported post

I really miss my nice Hondaline radio/CB/Intercom I had on my 1982 Aspy. I think the sound was louder, had more bass and was easy to use. Not crazy about my 1500 sound system. And, I have no CB, which would be nice to have.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.