Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I just bought a 1999 SE Goldwing.38,000 mile. The cassette, the CB, the FM & AM radioall work but the intercom does not. What may be wrong? Thanks, Marlin

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the forum bro. I'm not sure on the intercom. Using working helmet sets?

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

Can you hear yourself in either headset when you try talking to each other?

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

Was it working for you and then quit working?

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

newday777: My neighbor has the same model bike and I checked the helmets through his system and they worked. I also used the same helmets on my 1985 Interstate that I just sold and they worked.

I cannot hear myself or my wife.

It has not worked since I received the bike but was told by the seller everything worked.

SB in SC: My neighbor and I have tried every setting of the buttons that we know and cannot get any response. Yet everything else works. I am not sure how to set these buttons. Where is the mute switch/button you are referring to?

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

It might be the wire connector coming off the radio. Pull some plastic off and plug in direct before the splitter, or it might be a bad fader switch?

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

Mute is on the left hand control, pushes in and out. Use a spray electrical contact cleaner into the switch, do all your switches if you haven't, just be sure and cover the painted and chrome plastic fairing pieces from spray and drips. Spray several times and work the switches lots as you spray and in between sprays.

·
Premium Member
4,401 Posts
imported post

pondbanker wrote:
SB in SC: My neighbor and I have tried every setting of the buttons that we know and cannot get any response. Yet everything else works. I am not sure how to set these buttons. Where is the mute switch/button you are referring to?
The intercom mute switch is one of the round knobs on the bottom of the radio unit, labeled "Mute". It controls how sensitive the mics are. It controls how loud you have to speak before the intercom cuts into the music.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.