Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Is it possible to install aftermarket or Honda rear speakers on a GL1500 Interstate? If so, do you know of any speaker kits or instructions. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,801 Posts
imported post

If it is the 91 Interstate and/or has the Kenwood system, they dont make a direct plug-in rear speaker thingy. I am pretty sure the non-kenwood systems work just fine.

·
Premium Member
898 Posts
imported post

My Interstate was missing it's radio and a matching filler plate was installed when I got it.

I purchased a JVC CD unit and mounted it in the trunk and purchased a set of speaker for the rear from Wingstuff.I also replaced the front speakers as well, even though the ones in there worked. They had white colored cones and just looked odd mounted in the dash.

I had to modify the rear speaker housings to get them to fit and wired up everything myself. I have a remote attachment so I can control the volume and use my Sirius unit from my truck mostly!

·
Registered
4 Posts
imported post

Hello. I am new, was wondering if kb3000 had luck with rear speaker kit? Could you give me an idea of what was involved? my 91 1500 interstate needs a little help.

involved meaning removing what parts

and drilling

how to get to radio plug in ports/pig tails thanks a million

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.