Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know the replacement led bulb part numbers for the saddle bag and trunk lights. Not realy wanting to do the led light bar conversion.

·
Premium Member
2,790 Posts
LED part #'s

cant tell what model you need part #'s for but if its a 1200 you need 1157's for the running and brakelights and 1156's for the turn signals

just be aware that you need some good "tower" bulbs for the 1200,otherwise the light is not as good as the standard bulbs

·
Premium Member
2,790 Posts
part #'s

part #'s should be in your owners manual as to what mc uses,they dont change just because they are leds

since u have a 1500,what is your reason to go to leds since it has an alternator with more power than the 1200's,which is why at one time or another alot of us changed,

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
Are you asking on the side lights of the bags and trunk or the rear facing stock lights?

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Asking about the side lights on the trunk and bags. The reson for leds is for more light, and I'm sill running stock alt.

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
You are very welcome, that's what this forum is all about.
Have you tried the search tool yet? It works fairly good most of the time to find an answer.

·
Premium Member
1,091 Posts

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
With a bit more work you can replace the bulbs with LED strips and get a lot more light. Purchase the LED strips from http://www.meritline.com/waterproof-led-strips-red-16-feet---p-72360.aspx The strips are waterproof and self adhesive and can be cut to size. here are a couple pictures to show the difference. To replace the bulbs, you have to pry apart the lens from the base, use a heat gun/hairdryer and be careful. Also be sure to use RED LED's behind the red lense...if you use white LED's it will appear pink. Same with the amber!

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
wingpilot96
Dude, you gotta tone down them lights! Did Rudolf fly into your rear?

·
Premium Member
'91 gl1500
752 Posts
+1 on the LEDs I did the conversion on mine . Got the strips off ebay very cheap and after a little modding of the stock lens they were in .
On top is the strips and underneath is the bulbs they replaced

Attachments

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
wingpilot96
Dude, you gotta tone down them lights! Did Rudolf fly into your rear?
I believe in BRIGHT LITES save lives...not loud pipes! The saddlebags have double rows of led strips, the trunks have a single row. BTW I can be seen from space!:ROFL:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.