Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After adding Lizard LED's in my saddlebag and trunk lights, along with putting 1157's in for brake/tail lights, I am now looking for advice on replacing the 55w fog lights. I am looking for the extra light the fog lights give at night, but with less draw. Any advice?

Pete

·
1,819 Posts
55 watt ? , fog ligths ?
- iff you are talking about the lower ligths in the cowl , then , on an SE model it is "cornering ligths" and they are 25 watt , and i have newer heard of a substitute for those .(but off course you can modify anything to fit ).

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
Go with the PIAA LEDs or the 1100x halogen for better light and lower draw. Yes you will pay more but the difference is night and day.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
55 watt ? , fog ligths ?
- iff you are talking about the lower ligths in the cowl , then , on an SE model it is "cornering ligths" and they are 25 watt , and i have newer heard of a substitute for those .(but off course you can modify anything to fit ).
I have fog lights mounted directly under fairing, and am looking to replaced them with lower wattage lighting but keep my night time driving visibility.

·
Premium Member
521 Posts
Could you "slip in" a pair of car HID's in there?..perhaps your current fitting is H1 or H3?, readily available on eBay.
Cheers,
Peter.

·
Premium Member
3,073 Posts

I installed these LED's a couple of years ago. They are bright and have a flat cut-off beam. A few other members on here have installed the same ones. They are bright enough you could drive at highway speeds without your headlights.

There are photos here on the site, if I can find them will post them here.

http://www.blackbearsportinggoods.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=ELLOPTRDLL50CC&click=12

This post is from another site, to to the 10th post to see photos of the driving lights.

http://www.northamericangoldwings.com/view_topic.php?id=8751&forum_id=24&highlight=cornering+lights

·
Premium Member
351 Posts
Could you "slip in" a pair of car HID's in there?..perhaps your current fitting is H1 or H3?, readily available on eBay.
Cheers,
Peter.
If it were me going for HIDs I would put them in the headlight and remove the add-on lights. :)

Well, unless you're a mod:

:raspberry:

·
Premium Member
2,790 Posts
nico,
i think we would all like to see a picture with all those lights on at once

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ordered and patiently waiting for the new lights to show up! I have decided on the Optronics LED lights. Now if the snow would just quit...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.