Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Now what? I installed in the lower fin of my 1500 a number of led stripes with a total of at least 250 leds or more....

I connected it to a little transformator 12 volts.. One of these used to feed a modem and despite they vibrate a bit, all lights are on! Looks great!

Went down in the garage, brand new gel battery and only the first line is on!! All others wich are connected putting all positives together and negatives also... Do not work damnnnn

Why so???? What did i do wrong???

·
Premium Member
2,790 Posts
imported post

check each line separately,if both work that way,it may be the power supply is marginal when both are hooked up separetely and you'll have to find a better power source for both to work correctly
if so just run them off a relay from the battery and use a small 12v source to operate the relay itself

·
Premium Member
1,792 Posts
imported post

LED's are polarity sensitive - do you have the positive and negative on the correct terminals for each line of LED's??? If the first line is lighting up it must be a wiring issue with the others...

250 LEDs is a lot of current... Assuming that each LED is drawing 20 milliamps (.020 amps) that would equal about a 5 amp current draw... I would think the Gel battery would supply that without any issues for quite some time...

Double check your wiring - I think that's where the issue is...

Les

·
Premium Member
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

dadztoy wrote:
LED's are polarity sensitive - do you have the positive and negative on the correct terminals for each line of LED's??? If the first line is lighting up it must be a wiring issue with the others...

250 LEDs is a lot of current... Assuming that each LED is drawing 20 milliamps (.020 amps) that would equal about a 5 amp current draw... I would think the Gel battery would supply that without any issues for quite some time...

Double check your wiring - I think that's where the issue is...

Les
Yea, logically you are both right bUt the why the leds they all work ok with a little transformator and only the first line with the battery? Huffff i am a total ignorant in electronic issues sorry. It's a all + and - circuit.. It should work the same on a bike as with an home transf correct?

Leds can't be the cause of absorbing to much energy... Leds are very little demanding as far as energy request.

·
Premium Member
2,295 Posts
imported post

Hi Pippomaranga,

Please check your AC adapter. A lot of adapters for modems use to have an output of AC and not DC.

Therefor, during your testing your LEDs would light up, a bit dimmer, regardless of the "polarity" of the way you attached the adapter wires to the strips.

If this was the case,you may have well hooked them up wrong on your bike if you went with what you thought was the properpolarity.

Tim.

·
Premium Member
2,295 Posts
imported post

Glad to see that you got them installed and working.

I would like to see a few pictures too if you can please take the time to post them.

Tim.

·
Premium Member
4,608 Posts
imported post

If not too much trouble, I'd like to see em on.(pic) I have replaced each bulb as it burns out with LEDs. I especially like the lights that go next to the headlites being those bright LEDs! I got the replacements on E-Bay, and the idea from a poster here. Glad it is all good for ya now! jimsjinx

·
Premium Member
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

jimsjinx wrote:
If not too much trouble, I'd like to see em on.(pic) I have replaced each bulb as it burns out with LEDs. I especially like the lights that go next to the headlites being those bright LEDs! I got the replacements on E-Bay, and the idea from a poster here. Glad it is all good for ya now! jimsjinx

In my ring of fire i use leds not bulbs since may... All led strips and never had problems.

As soon as i will have my exhausts redone, i will have at least 400 leds between radiator, lower fin and side back, front and mirrors. Then i will let you know.

·
Premium Member
1,792 Posts
imported post

Good catch on the AC transformer - I was wondering the same thing... Sure would like to see some photos of these 250 LED's !!

Les

·
Premium Member
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

First pictures of my leds are in my gallery... As soon as i can i will also post side leds pix and side back.

Sorry i wasn't able to post them in my 3rd.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.