Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

need a little help guys, as always.:Dtaking left inner fairing cover off. has a cb and not sure what to do. don't want to break anything.

reverse lever is off. and i removed the 3 screws and 1 bolt, but the cb still has it.

do i take screws from inside of pocket out of cb? never dealt with cb part. do i need to take the 2 knobs off?

thank you,

mark:waving:

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
imported post

there are two screws underneath the CB with two tabs coming off the back side of the inner fairing. Loosen them and the inner faring should slide off then. Also a long skinny flat head works great in getting the bar that is on the side of the lower vent back into the mechanism that goes from cool air to hot.

Good luck!!!:cooldevil:

·
Premium Member
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
imported post

sorry, but i'm still kinda lost. 2 top screws out, 1 behind lower fairing out,1 inner bottom out, and 1 bolt where side cover mounts is out. still stuck.when i pull inner cover it holds to cb and will not come out.

i know i'm missing something.

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
imported post

The CB has two phillips head on the bottom of it, and screwed to two tabs that come off the back of the inner fairing. Kinda pull the fairing out a little and look up under the CB and you will see what I am talking about.

There may be an easier way to get it out.....but that is what I had to do:?

·
Premium Member
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
imported post

will try that in the am...........thank you,

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
imported post

I'm lost here too. What kind of bike is this you are talking about? Your parts bike?

·
Premium Member
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
imported post

Silicon Sam wrote:
I'm lost here too. What kind of bike is this you are talking about? Your parts bike?
:cheeky1:no..........an 89 i went and picked up yesterday. has a safe stop too,or landing gear.i've never seen:cheeky1:its posted in general.........way over my head:cheeky1:but i love a challenge:cheeky1:yeah, right!!!!!

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
imported post

Any pictures yet? Was this the one posted in Dallas last week?

Right now, CL seems to have taken a dump...

·
Premium Member
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
imported post

no photos yet. cleaning and giving care. will take photos and post soon.

this 1 came from la.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.