Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
cant seem to get the left fan back in on my 1500. I dont think the warm air hose is in the way, seems the rubber on the frame side is catching on something. anyone have any suggestions or tricks on getting it back in?

thanks!

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Brute Force! ...seriously, they can take an awful lot of force to re-install, even after having moved all the surrounding junk out of the way.

·
Premium Member
1,245 Posts
What if you put a light coat of lubricant like WD-40 localy on the rubber part to make it slip by not mutch so it will evaporate later...

·
It aint rocket science
3,968 Posts
Loosen upper radiator bracket bolt and open up the lower steel mounts where the radiator rubber bushings are. That will allow you slightly extra room to move radiator and jiggle housing.

Make sure harness up above along with connector block isn't hanging you up.

And also if needed loosen the rear screw holding the long plastic fresh air vent tube and push up on the tube.

·
Premium Member
760 Posts
Very hard to get back in. I had to squish up the outside housing until it actually hit the fan blade.
And at a certain angle. These pic's might help.
The bottom tab on the fan housing that goes into the hole on the frame likes to hang up on something.

You have to use the right words too.

Attachments

·
Busdriver
1,037 Posts
This one is a pig. I cracked mine and had to glue it. Check and see if removing the crash bar might give you some extra room. Loosen the rad as mentioned. Getting the angle right is key. I think the boss on the underside of the fan interferes as you need to raise it to set into place, and there's no room.

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Got it!! For some reason, I was thinking that the hot air pipe needed to go behind the fan. I tried it after moving the pipe out of the way and the fan went right in!!
:headbanger:
guess there's something to be said for walking away from it and asking questions!!

thanks for the help everyone!

Kaz

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.