Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Okay locked myself out of the trunk yesterday. Did the mandatory 2 hours of swearing and then tackled it today. Tried the coat hanger method and swore some more. It wouldn't work on mine as the bar was jammed for some reason so plan B.

Removed the seat and drilled 1 inch holes into the trunk.(that way I can install 1 inch rubber plugs to cover the holes and keep the trunk dry.) Then used a very very very long screwdriver to remove the four screws holding the latches. Trunk opened once screws were removed. Oh yeah, I didn't have a 20 some inch screwdriver either. I used several 3/8ths socket extensions with a philips driver socket on the end. Put that through the hole. Then used a flashlight to see the screws for removal. So for anyone that has a broken lock or messed with the rod then this way works too.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
imported post

Way to go Dave. You never told me you did that! Or was you too embarrassed to tell me...lol! I have to admit, I did it once too but got it open with no drilling. But hey, isn't it nice to know how secure our trunks are? When its locked...aint nobody getting in! Not even the owner...lol!

·
The Irish Crew
1,248 Posts
imported post

That doesn't look too bad. Grommet the holes up and it will look fine.

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Exactly, not bad at all just a couple of rubber plugs. Just wanted to show that it can be done and where the holes went. Never know when someone may have a linkage problem like I did.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.