Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi Everyone,

I'm brand new to the forum but have been reading and getting someexcellent info! You guys are great! I recently bought a 1998 GL1500SE and I love it! My question is:are there any DVD or VHS video's available for doing maintenance on our bikes? I found a guy who put out a whole set of DVD's for the 1800 but I can't find anything for the GL1500. I have the Honda Service manual which is great, but it would be nice to see how to do things step by step in a video. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks-----------

Sincerly,

Mike V

·
The Irish Crew
1,248 Posts
imported post

Hello Mike and welcome. To the best of my knowledge no-one has done a video for any of the older Goldwings. Would have been nice of course but no-one ever bothered at the time and now I'd say the demand for it would be small.

·
Premium Member
1,028 Posts
imported post

Hello Mike. Dave is right. I searched high and low for a GL1500 maintenance video over a long time, but no luck.

·
Banned
596 Posts
imported post

Mike - heres your chance for fame - make your own videos. I wanted to do this with the 1200s 10 years ago, but didnt have the equipment and now I regret it. Youll find Goldwingers a delight to do business with, Ive never had the first bad check from anyone. If youve got a good thing, you wont have to advertise it, the riders will do it for you. Especially since, (in personal experience but not wishing to bash all Honda mechanics) Ive seen and heard horror stories from riders on dealer service. DIY rules IMHO.

·
Senior Guru
2,234 Posts
imported post

Hi mvasil54, possibly the best way to learn how to do your own maintenance is toopen theservice manual, read the section on the service you want to perform, then come out here and ask questions about better ways to do it, then simply go do the service function on your bike knowing that if you are stuck or confused you'll get clarification here.

Vic

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Hey mvasil54, :waving:Your very welcome to the forum.:waving:It's very difficult to get the right information when you need it.:crying:If you know of some guy who works with:15red: as a hobby they are normally the best type of people to approach, :clapper:if possible keep away from (s)dealers.:whip:One of these placeson this web site might also help you. http://www.goldwingfacts.com/GoldwingTips.htm http://www.goldwingfacts.com/bikersworkshopmenu.htm Enjoy your new :15red:and have many safe (s)miles.

:leprechaun: :18red: :leprechaun:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.