Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I drove the 1500 back from a quick trip (120 mile round trip) the other day. 30 seconds after I filled it up, I was on the highway coming home. I drove it around for 2 days & then I filled it up again & checked the mileage. I couldn't believe it..57 mpg! I was sure I made a mistake, so checked it again....57 mpg! Twas in 5th gear probly 95%, but still. Have u ever heard of suck mileage on a 1500?

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
imported post

at low trip mileage you will have to check the fuel level 1. on center stand to be sure its same position. 2. actual measure of the level from the filler neck,, or run it over on every fill which is not good,,,,
i doubt you are getting 57 unless u are running 45 or so mph. i can get around 46 mpg on my trike at abt 45mph on level roads.

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
imported post

you are talking imperial gallons I taker it
Wilf

Thats 47 us mpg pretty good also

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Well, it was in 5th gear at about 60 mph for about 120 miles (I certainly wasn't pushing it & I DID have a bit [5 mph] of a tail wind), so that's a good plus. And I check the mileage the same way I've always done...

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
imported post

Way to go!

I got 50mpg on my 1200A back in July. Got the usual skeptics.

When all is just so, amazing numbers can be had with such a smooth machine.

I believe!

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

I once got 59mpg Imperial gallon with mine. Usually get high 40s :?

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
imported post

That's good but wait 'till you have to go back up the hill :smiler:. Seriously tho, awesome mileage, I get around 40 IMP give or take....Mike

·
Registered
33 Posts
imported post

My GL1500 will get 48mpg running easy at about 45mph. Running at 70 to 75 mph, I will get about 35 mpg. Mine has never gotten near 57 mpg. That is great mpg's!

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

WINGING I honestly doubt it will happen 2X in a row. I'm just wondering why it happened at all. The only thing I did different is go slower & take a nother highway going to the same place (same distance & similar road conditions). But twill have to try it again & see I suppose.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.