1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,295 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,310 Posts
imported post

Hi GS, when did you get the 1500? Pics please.

Here is a picture of my Garmin 2720 mounted on mine. I have a RAM mount attached to the screws that hold on the left handlebar switches.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,651 Posts
imported post

I just set my Garmin 2730 on the Garmin beanbag mount. That has Velcro on the bottom, I stuck some Velcro on the keyswitch panel just below the handlebars.

Works great, 1,000s of miles and never came off.

·
Premium Member
1,783 Posts
imported post

I use the Texelent bar for my GPS and drink holder... My GPS (Nuvi 660) also has an internal MP3 player as well as Bluetooth... I installed the aux input mod on my radio and so the MP3 and GPS instructions come thru either the speakers or headset...

I also integrated the Bluetooth mic audio into the headset mic so I have complete handsfree phone when on the bike... I don't use it a lot but it's a nice feature to have...

Les

·
Premium Member
1,783 Posts
imported post

I use the Texelent bar for my GPS, I-Pass (shown on windshield, since moved to Texelent Bar) and drink holder... My GPS (Nuvi 660) also has an internal MP3 player as well as Bluetooth... I installed the aux input mod on my radio and so the MP3 and GPS instructions come thru either the speakers or headset...

I also integrated the Bluetooth mic audio into the headset mic so I have complete handsfree phone when on the bike... I don't use it a lot but it's a nice feature to have...

Les

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
imported post

I carry a Black and Decker drill carrying case on my 1500 for a tank bag now traveling.
It covers the radio, but I only need to reach under to adjust volume anyway.
The strap on the case is fastened between key cover and radio with a small bungy, fast easy on off for the bag.

The GPS has the ball mount for unit, but not the mounting part for vehicle. So the mount is fastened tight to the bag strap with zip ties.

Works well for me, everything in easy reach and fast on off when I stop anywhere I need to worry about it.
Release the bungy and I got my tank bag and GPS in my hand and walking away.

Glasses, camera I forget to use, change, duct tape, etc.. all in the bag.

The satellite radio thing is mounted on the key cover, wired into the Honda radio, antenna thing sits on the dash with velcro.
I don't use the Satellite radio though.
Beware how you mount yours, mine is getting like a melted burn spot in the plastic display to the left side. I think the hot summer sun must have got it, maybe through the windshield?

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

I hardwired my Garmin Nuvi 765T GPS. No Sat radio, as I also run a MP3 player through a hardwired FM transmitter.

·
Premium Member
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

Mr. Magic, I like your seamless install, that's something that appeals to me (as well as the quality electrical install!). I like the idea of having it (more or less) in my sightline. However it would block my windshield vent in that position. I think I'm going to see if I can figure out something similar off to one side, above one of the speakers. I think I'll have the satellite radio mounted just above the existing radio.

·
Premium Member
2,295 Posts
imported post

Hey GS,

I like to keep it simple. If I sold the bike today and removed the GPS, the only thing that would show would be an unnoticeable "slot" under the front lip of the dash that is 1.5mm x 3.5mm.

I know with your background I don't have to tell you to wire it up right in the first place. Keep you wiring hidden and clean. Thanks for the wiring compliment, btw.

I don't have a vent to block so that was not a concern of mine.

I am planning out a complete gut of the stereo, speakers, CB etc. More stuff for my junk pile. I am starting from scratch in those areas. When I am done, it will look just as seamless as the GPS. I am not worried about the intercom as we have the Scala Rider G4 system that is incredible. I don't need the CB as the G4 does everything I want and more in that area as well. So, the stereo and CB are going. I just need to find a blank for the space when I remove the CB.

Awesome bike btw... Love the color! Very nice shape.

Tim.

·
Premium Member
3,310 Posts
imported post

Love your new 1500 Scott. That white looks really crisp and neat. Mine had the floorboards on it when I got it also. I took mine off and put the footpegs back because it was dragging too bad when making turns. They were more comfortable when riding but I didn't like it dragging so easily or the monkey motion for the shifter.

·
Premium Member
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
imported post

Bellboy40 wrote:
Love your new 1500 Scott. That white looks really crisp and neat. Mine had the floorboards on it when I got it also. I took mine off and put the footpegs back because it was dragging too bad when making turns. They were more comfortable when riding but I didn't like it dragging so easily or the monkey motion for the shifter.
Thanks. I have new footpegs sitting here in a bag next to me as I type this. They'll be going on as soon as I get a new brake lever and shift lever to replace the heel/toe and floorboard-specific levers.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.