Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wondering if anyone had experience with GL1500 Narrow Lower Fairing Corner Trim. They are also called deflectors so they may be functional too. Is more hot air on the legs possible if you use the narrower trim pieces? Don't need any more heat on me down here in S/Fla in the summer.
THX.......

·
Premium Member
1,851 Posts
Sounds to me like you are referring to the stock, painted corner piece that flare outwards below the side vents. Not sure what it might be like if that piece were straight instead of flaired. Probably get a little more heat on your legs in hot weather would be my guess.
gumbyred

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sounds to me like you are referring to the stock, painted corner piece that flare outwards below the side vents. Not sure what it might be like if that piece were straight instead of flaired. Probably get a little more heat on your legs in hot weather would be my guess.
Gumbyred
correct, also called deflectors......

·
Anti-Guru
2,711 Posts
I've had a few 1500s through here that have the narrow chrome deflectors,a nd I must say I'm NOT a fan exactly for the heat issue. I don't seem to notice them at speed, but if the fan's turn on then I get some shin heat. (it also seems like the lower vent doesn't pull cold air as well on these bikes, or it could just be the warmer air mix...)

Like Nick posts, if you need to get your leg around that corner of the bike without hitting, they are a good solution to reduce the width... (for reference, where the inner fairing and lower outer fairings meet just above the engine case, behind the radiator air oulets as mentioned)

We're talking these narrow ones:

compared to these OEM sized ones:

(as found on http://cyclemax.com/gl1500_chrome)

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes Satan, exactly. Those are the ones I'm questioning. Since Honda calls them deflectors I thought they may have a function also, deflecting hot air.
THX.......

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
Put them on last year, did not notice anything as far as heat goes.
But like mentioned earlier, made a world of difference in being able to comfortably use the highway boards without having to spread the legs uncomfortably wide like before.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.