Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,305 Posts
Dave,

Actually all he needs is Relay #2 by itself.

It does not matter that #30 and #85 are "always hot to battery", and there won't be a ground source UNTIL the oil pressure switch "makes to ground".

And that will never happen unless the engine starts and runs.

·
Administrator
25,780 Posts
Dave,

Actually all he needs is Relay #2 by itself.

It does not matter that #30 and #85 are "always hot to battery", and there won't be a ground source UNTIL the oil pressure switch "makes to ground".

And that will never happen unless the engine starts and runs.
No, the opposite is true, the oil pressure switch is grounded when there is no oil pressure.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,305 Posts
Duh, you got me there Dave :(

Twas I that didn't think that one through.

·
Professional Curmudgeon
112 Posts
This should do it, unless I missed something. Your kit should have the wire coming from the battery + so all you have to do is wire the relays into it. I may have to translate the writing. :grin3:
So does that mean the the #87 on the 2nd relay goes to the ground on the HID lights? Or the positive wire for the HID lights?
Sorry, I'm not good at this.
:?

·
Administrator
25,780 Posts
So does that mean the the #87 on the 2nd relay goes to the ground on the HID lights? Or the positive wire for the HID lights?
Sorry, I'm not good at this.
:?
That's 87A, goes to the + to the HIDs.

·
Professional Curmudgeon
112 Posts
I threw together a rough diagram to show what I was thinking. Let me know if this will work. Thanks.

If you have time could you make this into a diagram with the 2nd relay 87A going to the + of the HID lights? I think it would help a lot of the users here.
Thanks in advance.
;)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,010 Posts
With the newest LED bulbs available i'm rethinking about converting AWAY from HID, The failure rates of the hid kits are so bad its 50%, thats at least one bad ballast in each kit. Usually its the slim ballast. Those Pathfinder led bulbs look very promising. They use flexible woven mesh straps for heatsinks instead of the big chunks of heatsinks, better to fit in a confined space, plus an led bulb can be restarted immediately, and modulated, hids cannot be modulated.

After i just posted this i bought these to test out.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/152056235707?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

·
Administrator
25,780 Posts
Great, way better job than I did. I saved it for future use.

·
Professional Curmudgeon
112 Posts
Thanks..

21 - 31 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.