Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have a gl1500 and there is a light bulb burned out on the rear light bar of the trunk it is the bulb that lights up wing on the goldwing emblem. does anyone know what the part # is for the bulb. Or what wattage it is so i can try to find one at the auto parts store. thanks in advance for the help

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
imported post

kjackson wrote:
I have a gl1500 and there is a light bulb burned out on the rear light bar of the trunk it is the bulb that lights up wing on the goldwing emblem. does anyone know what the part # is for the bulb. Or what wattage it is so i can try to find one at the auto parts store. thanks in advance for the help
the bulb that lights up wing on the goldwing emblem ??We / I need pics please . It would help !

·
Pwhoever
3,161 Posts
imported post

The microfiche is no help. It just lists it as a 12v/3W bulb. They are pretty tiny. I have not had to replace one yet but if I had to take a guess, I would think they are #24 bulbs.

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

ok thanks. you are right it is little i had looked at honda part # but hoped someone had bought one at autoparts store. it is a 12 volt 3 watt wedge base. i have been searching the net but have not found one yet.

·
Administrator
1987 GL1200 Interstate
22,578 Posts
imported post

I guess I don't understand. Have you taken one to an auto parts store? There are a few bulbs Honda uses that don't seem to have a generic equivalant. Like the GL12I dash lights. 12v~3w, but surely not the same as the trunk light on a GL15.
EDIT: This is a GL12 dash light, notthe trunk light.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
imported post

you might try a #74 bulb, which is about half the width of the very popular #194 bulbs, used in auto dashes & side markers & license lights...

the #74 is 12v , but shaped different from your picture, I don't know what wattage the #74 is..

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
imported post

take the bulb to your local auto parts store and they can match one up for i did for my wing or just ask you honda dealer

·
Premium Member
2,295 Posts
imported post

Hey KJackson,

I just replaced a few of those bulbs the other day. I went all around our local areal electrical \ electronic \ supply stores and could find nothing. I could order them in but I wanted something "now" as I had the back trunk apart.

I ended up going to Honda for the bulbs. They had them in stock.

However, I just yesterday I was going through the Cyclemax site and found that they had these. They are the proper bulbs for what you are looking for.

http://www.cyclemaxohio.com/inc/sdetail/83/45442

Don't put a higher wattage in as it could produce a stronger "spot of heat" and start to melt or deform the plastics there.

Tim.

·
Premium Member
415 Posts
imported post

"Don't put a higher wattage in as it could produce a stronger "spot of heat" and start to melt or deform the plastics there."

From the looks of the red plastic lense, this may have happened to mine before I bought it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.