Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

When I used my reverse, I would suddenly loose my neutral light and thus no way to start. It was such a problem I resorted to a band-aid fix by adding an extra solenoid and push button switch to by pass the problem. After an hour, day or many days the light would come back on allowing me to start with the start button. After reading a post on this forum I will check the micro switch located by/behind the reverse lever.

Thanks to all who contribute here......

·
Premium Member
202 Posts
imported post

I just went through the same exact thing. Just replaced the reverse lever switch cost $13 + SH. Took an hour or so to remove and replace the tupperware. I never checked the old switch to see if it was just sticking or fired, it looked good and sounded with a positive click.

So if you remove the switch first and give it a blast of electical contact cleaner it may be ok to reuse. I just went with new because I thought it was shot.

I did notice a slight whiteness, like on battery terminals around the screw that holds the switch in place, mybe causing a bad ground ?.

Anyway I found the info on the problem here as well and was very greatful.

Posters sent links on the placesto buy, if you check my posts the info will be there.

Good luck and let us know how you make out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.