Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Goldwingers, I am a new owner of a 98 SE and had a problem yesterday after using the reverse gear. After backing up about five feet, I pulled forward to park, shut the motor off and went to a meeting. When I returned to start the bike I found neither the neutral or reverse indicator lights were functioning properly. The gears shifted fine but no indicators. Also, the starter would not turn when pressing the switch in neutral or with the clutch in.
I am pretty green when it comes to this motorcycle and was told by the guy I bought it from that this forum was a valuable resource to him throughout the time he owned it. Your feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
reverse switch

hi germanm ..there is loads on the forunm about this issue ..but ..check the reverse switch and clean it with contact cleaner to start with :)

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
Reverse switch under the left side tank shelter might need adjusting or cleaning. As FUGLY mentions, there are many threads about this issue on the forum.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Fellas, I got a manual online and found the switch stuck. After an application of contact cleaner it popped out and functioned properly. Back on the road!!! Thanks again for your input!!!

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
Welcome to the forum germanm
Thanks for replying that you got it fixed. That helps others later that read this using the search tool and closes the post not leaving it hanging out in cyberspace!

Did you buy Ricks bike in Oceanside?

What part of SD are you in?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.