Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

HEY EVERYBODY, I HAVE A 88 GL 1500 GAVE TO ME ABOUT A MONTH AGO. THE RECENT OWNER HAD THE HEAD OFF TO REPLACE THE HEAD GASKET, BUT NEVER FINISHED IT, HAVE THE HEAD ON AND GOT IT RUNNING. WILL NOT IDLE. SO I REMOVED THE AIR FILTER SO I CAN SEE THE CARBS, STARTED IT AND NOTICED NO FUEL SPRAY ON THE LEFT CARB. COULD THIS BE A DIRTY CARB?????. BEEN SITTING FOR ABOUT A YEAR. ANY INPUT WOULD HELP.

G

·
imported post

Do the slides move together?
You will probably have to remove the carbs for a rebuild.
Check all the vacuum hoses while its down.
Good luck.

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

THANKS EVERYBODY, GOING TO START NOW. I'LL GIVE A UPDATE WHEN I'M FINISHED. ONE MORE QUESTION, DO I NEED TO SYNC THE CARBS WHEN I'M DONE. THANKS FOR THE HELP, LOVE THE FORUM.

·
Piled Higher and Deeper
4,513 Posts
imported post

gbob12 wrote:
THANKS EVERYBODY, GOING TO START NOW. I'LL GIVE A UPDATE WHEN I'M FINISHED. ONE MORE QUESTION, DO I NEED TO SYNC THE CARBS WHEN I'M DONE. THANKS FOR THE HELP, LOVE THE FORUM.
Yes on the sync.... and please check your Caps Lock.. I think it is stuck on..:waving:

·
Premium Member
633 Posts
imported post

Your typing everything with capital letters
(cap lock is stuck) ,thats like shouting at everyone is what is is saying.

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

Sorry everbody on the caps lock, my bad. Just finished the rebuild on the carbs,put back on did a sync on them purrrrrs like a kitten. once again thanks for the information, the forum is great.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.