Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Looking for a rebuild kit for the vacume operated shut off between the filter and carbs mounted in front of the gas filler cap. Anyone know where I can get one. I only found the whole assembly for sale. Can I bypass it with not problems. I know it is bad because I took it apart and there is a hole in the btm , will not hold any vacume, the bike also runs when I hook the fuel line straight from the tank...

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Just checked and they are sold out. Any where else..

·
Premium Member
1,851 Posts
imported post

Different years of 1500s take different kits. What year is yours? Someone here reported Gary Verhulst has kits for sale. Give him a call at 1-706-652-2024 to find out. eBay has new valves, but pricy. You could by pass the valve, but if you have a leaky needle valve you could end up hydro locking the engine.
Tom Bishop
`98 S.E.

·
Premium Member
3,318 Posts
imported post

Another option is an electric fuel shutoff valve. It is cheaper than the oem type and should be very reliable. Downside is it will take some wiring for installation but should be easy to do. Here is a link to one source for them.

http://www.dan-marc.com/79-afc11112.html

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

Have you used the electric valve and where did you wire it up to...

·
Premium Member
3,318 Posts
imported post

Hi slammer, no I don't have one installed on mine. I was able to find a rebuild kit last year when mine quit working. If it happens again I will install one of them next time. I would wire it to the aux power output fuse there on the left side where the fuses are. It is the top fuse and is a 5 amp fuse and a couple of screw terminals for the battery and ground. It is close to where the fuel petcock is so it would be a short run to wire it.

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

This must be my lucky day, called the local honda shop and they had one rebuild kit left... :action:

·
Premium Member
3,318 Posts
imported post

Good deal. Be sure you know how that petcock goes back together or else you will have a mess on your hands. Don't ask! :smiler: Make some notes or take digital pictures or something so you know how it is made. Not complicated at all but you can get confused about how it came apart if not careful. Well maybe you won't be confused but I was.

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

Just picked it up for $31 and looks like the same thing. And the dealer said he can get more if needed. Can't beat that..

·
Premium Member
1,851 Posts
imported post

The diaghpram on the kit I received resembled a potato chip. Hard to get sealed correctly. I just put permatex in the groove on the valve to get it to seal before bolting together. Make sure you check the valve with a Mity Vac BEFORE completly bolting it in the bike. Getting new kit to seal can be tricky.
Tom Bishop
`98 S.E.

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
imported post

Thanks I will make sure to test before install. Those are the thing this site is good for, instructions from other..:congrats:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.