Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1992 Gl1500I and recently on a short trip encountered the headlights not working, the signal lights, trunk lights and saddlebag lights are on but no signal light flashing. However upon traveling a short distance they were working. Now they are not and the signal lights stay on after moving to key to "Off". The only way to turn them off is to switch to "Bright" Lights. The alternator and fuses on the left side of the bike appear to be working. I used a meter on the battery and the battery is about one year old and had good voltage reading. Need Help.

·
Premium Member
991 Posts
If lights are staying on with the ignition in the off position, I would suspect a bad ignition switch.

·
Administrator
27,898 Posts
A stuck and/or burned up relay in the fuse box.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I need help again,please. Are the break-off bolts on the ignition switch right handed or left handed. My impact screwdriver is have a hard time turning the heads.

·
Administrator
27,898 Posts
They are right handed.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I got them loose. Thank GOD for Dremem tools. I practically cut through almost all the head until I could get a good cut for a strong screw driver to get into. Thanks to all.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I finally made contact with the ignition switch and changed the switch located on the bottom. Reinstalled switch and numerous pieces of fairings, covers, airways, and other parts. Problem is solved. Also, my wife noted that the headlights are brighter now than before the repair. I hope to enjoy riding again. Again thanks for all the help.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I usually drill the heads off, remove switch, THEN use pliers or whatever I can to back out is left. Your supposed to replace them anyway!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.