Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
UPDATE:
My last post was to get advice on replacing my totaled Gl 1100.I took everyones advice under consideration and spent an extra $1500 and got a 1989 Gl 1500 with reverse and cruise control. She has 57k and the po had all the service records. As you hopefully can see from my picture she is in mint codition appearance and mechanically. The problem I'm working on now is the Rt side cornering light has no juice to the wire I separated the connection and have no power from the wire that comes to the light. The left side operates fine it remains on all the time and lights when the ignition is on. What would be the simplest way to restore power to the Rt side? Thanks guys.

·
Administrator
27,952 Posts
If the left one is on all the time the wiring has been modified or there is something wrong that makes it stay on. Normally the light only comes on on the side where a turn signal is on. First you will have to determine if it was modified or if the right side works with the turn signal and what is wrong with the left.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The modification has been done to turn it from a cornerring light to a full time driving light that's why it remains on ( done by the previous owner)86. I wanted to avoid running a whole new wire, it was hopeing that someone had a simple solution for getting power to that socket when the key is turned on I just want It to light when the ignition key is turned on.

·
Administrator
27,952 Posts
OK, what modification was done? The simplest way to make them stay on is to simply cut the position light wire to the relays, it will work but probably will over time overload the circuit. The best way is to add a relay and bypass the original wiring, which way was this one done?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
from the looks of it it appears that they must have cut the wire, it looks like the factory wiring is still in place thanks for the help.

·
Administrator
27,952 Posts
OK then check for power on the brn/wt wire going to the cornering light relay (attached to the frame down tube) and the red/blu wire coming out of the relay.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.