Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
There is a difference between "engine" and "alternator" RPM's for the GL1500. Maximum OEM alternator output is achieved at 2,778 engine RPM's (5,000 alternator RPM's).

I have a document that identifies amperage requirements for a stock GL1500 (depending on the year and model). Plus a few other amperage requirements regarding additional optional lights or heated riding gear. It also identifies the engine RPM (break even point) for a GL1500 OEM alternator.

Very useful for deciding if a "higher amperage output alternator" is required (or not).

·
Premium Member
5,648 Posts
There is a difference between "engine" and "alternator" RPM's for the GL1500. Maximum OEM alternator output is achieved at 2,778 engine RPM's (5,000 alternator RPM's).

I have a document that identifies amperage requirements for a stock GL1500 (depending on the year and model). Plus a few other amperage requirements regarding additional optional lights or heated riding gear. It also identifies the engine RPM (break even point) for a GL1500 OEM alternator.

Very useful for deciding if a "higher amperage output alternator" is required (or not).
So don't be greedy. Share with your friends. :):):).

·
Administrator
57,667 Posts
So don't be greedy. Share with your friends. :):):).
Mike,
Don't be quite so fast to form opinions on "not sharing".
we are using brand new Xenforo software, just a week today in use.
We are experiencing bumps in the road with some of the technical features.

In this case, the software does NOT allow the uploading of Documents in any format, except, PDF.

as all of Dave's files are in Word 2007 *.DOC format, it is a hassle to get them converted to PDF, and then they are not quite as handy for you to use.

As it happens, I have a Doc to PDF convertor, so here the file is for you.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,648 Posts
Mike,
Don't be quite so fast to form opinions on "not sharing".
we are using brand new Xenforo software, just a week today in use.
We are experiencing bumps in the road with some of the technical features.

In this case, the software does NOT allow the uploading of Documents in any format, except, PDF.

as all of Dave's files are in Word 2007 *.DOC format, it is a hassle to get them converted to PDF, and then they are not quite as handy for you to use.

As it happens, I have a Doc to PDF convertor, so here the file is for you.

I'm sure Dave knew I was just hurahing him. That is why I followed with the smileys. :) I hope so anyway!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts