Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

About a week ago I read a post and someone was looking for the GL1500 Goldwing petcock rebuild kit from K&L. I followed the posts and did some searching as I thought it might be good to have a petcock rebuild kit for my 89 GL1500 on hand. Well it seems K&L no longer makes the kits and those vendors that had listed them show "not in stock" and one vendor that showed it in stock sent me an email informing me that my credit card would not be charged as the kit was no longer available. Well a little more searching found a vendor called "PartsNmore whom I ordered a rebuild kit from for $20 + $8 shipping. I have received the fuel petcock rebuild kit and its made my Tour Max from Japan. I'm not verifying the quality or fit of the kit , just wanted to let those interested know that there is a vendor that has the kits.

http://www.partsnmore.com/parts/honda/gl1500/?filters[fitting]=custom

·
Premium Member
1,807 Posts
imported post

All the rebuild kits were the same for all the 1500 series. K&L just stopped making the kit altogether. Good news to hear that someone is still making a repair kit. For all that there is to making a kit someone should be able to make a few bucks selling them.
Tom Bishop

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts
imported post

I've ordered from Partsnmore before for stuff for my CB750 and they are great people to deal with. Mostly their stuff is of high quality but they don't tell you the source and sometimes the source isn't quite what you'd like. My only example of a less than expected product was an air filter. I had to modify it to fit my airbox and my bike ran rich. I junked it and put in a K&N which pretty much solved the problem. I think the Partsnmore filter was am Emgo. Not dead sure

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

I hope to have more of them in shortly and I will let you all know , I got about 20 kits and they were snapped up straight away . I will post it here on the forum as soon as I have my hands on them

·
Premium Member
1,039 Posts
imported post

Hey Car Toad , just ordered one . If this works and they actually have stock with this item , you have found the needle in the haystack as everyone and there dog has been looking for a supplier for the rebuild kit for the 1500 pet **** !
Hope that " PartsnMore " is the place to go as no other venders have this part now.
Will believe it when it shows up at my door.?
Nice work , Car Toad !

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

Hey machinehead looks like you might have gotten the last one they had in stock, I know others are still trying to find the kit , Well happy for your sake anyway. I keep looking and searching and if I can find anymore I will certainly share with the forum.

·
Premium Member
517 Posts
imported post

What brand did partsandmore ship you? If not K & L, how does it compare? You usually don't need the 4 new screws, and a spring is pretty standard stuff, but the two rubber parts hopefully are more durable and fit properly. Thanks

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

PartsNmore carries TourMax petcock rebuild kits. I can't speak to the comparison between that and K&L kits as I have never seen one. I can tell you the TourMax kit includes 4 new screws , a spring, a round rubber diaphram approx 2" and a smaller round tiered diaphram approx 1". I don't know how to tell the quality other than a side by side comparrison with the K&L.

·
Premium Member
1,039 Posts
imported post

Yes , as Car Toad says , i recieved TourMax but cant compare yet . Its made in Japan so i would give the thumbs up .? It looks ok ., large diaphram is thin but assume it must be to actuate under small vacume signal , smaller tiered diaphram looks pretty stout .
Im happy Car Toad , Thanks again.
PS. Didnt notice anything on PartsNmore site about short stock etc.?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.