Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
1,613 Posts
imported post

Everything can be replaced , but this isnt an option to look for here !
find a repair kit , or a new petcock.
Somebody mentioned that the repair kit for the Honda ST1100 is the same , but dont now for sure .

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

I am working on one but just thought if all it is doing is cutting of the gas what the heck

·
Premium Member
1,088 Posts
imported post

There was a thread on that subject a couple of months ago, and some members found different petcocks. There are rebuild kits available for the OEM petcock which might be a better or easier option.

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

Can a manual petcock be used? Yes it can if you block the vacuum line. BUT, The purpose of the vacuum one is that when the engine stalls, IE; tip-over, accident the fuel gets stopped from running into the carbs, so there is a potential fire if you change to a manual in cases like that as the fuel pump runs continuously with the switch on, the vacuum petcock opens when there is vacuum from the engine running.
The rebuild kits from K&L were discontinued last year. There might be some across the pond, but limited.
There is a post on an electric petcock being used in replacement.

·
Premium Member
1,137 Posts
imported post

newday777 wrote:
Can a manual petcock be used? Yes it can if you block the vacuum line. BUT, The purpose of the vacuum one is that when the engine stalls, IE; tip-over, accident the fuel gets stopped from running into the carbs, so there is a potential fire if you change to a manual in cases like that as the fuel pump runs continuously with the switch on, the vacuum petcock opens when there is vacuum from the engine running.
Question, wouldn't the bank angle sensor cut the power to the fuel pump?

·
Premium Member
3,274 Posts
imported post

I don't think the fuel pump on a 1500 will keep pumping unless the engine is running also. The ECU detects when the engine isturning overand turns the pump on. Anyway, as the above post suggests, the BAS should shut everything down if it falls over. The fuel might still siphon out of the tank if the petcock is not closed though.

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

I found some kits on amazon for a little as 11.22 and ordered it. TKS for all the input good miles to all.

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

widetrac

Can you post the link to what you bought as you didn't say if it's a manual petcock, or a rebuild kit for the original vacuum petcock.

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
imported post

Just be sure and check the seal as they seem to fail with some rebuild kits.

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

Like I asked, post the actual link. Copy the address and paste it in the post.

The one I posted is the only one showing, it is not for the GL1500

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
imported post

went to K&L site they are a lot higher and also out of stock.. for thoes looking there are 6 sets left from difrent sellers

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

WIDETRAC wrote:
went to K&L site they are a lot higher and also out of stock.. for thoes looking there are 6 sets left from difrent sellers
For the VALKYRIE

This Item Fits the Following Applications:
2001 Honda GL1500CF Valkyrie Interstate
2000 Honda GL1500CT Valkyrie Tour
2000 Honda GL1500CF Valkyrie Interstate
1999 Honda GL1500CT Valkyrie Tour
1999 Honda GL1500CF Valkyrie Interstate
1998 Honda GL1500CT Valkyrie Tour
1997 Honda GL1500CT Valkyrie Tour

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts