Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
The Irish Crew
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

My 1500 is leaking petrol when the engine is running. I was riding home last Sunday and there was a truck in front and a length of 4x4 wood fell off. I hit it squarely with both wheels and the Wing sort of hopped up in the air and slammed down. I pulled over to check my heartbeat and then continued home and when I got off the bike to open my garage I noticed petrol coming out from the exhaust area. Seems like it's coming out of the actual exhaust on the right. It only happens when the engine is running, doesn't leak with the ignition on so it can't be the tank or fuel pump. Any ideas? This is driving me nuts.

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
imported post

Sounds like the float in on eof the carbs is stuck open. You will have to remove the tank panels and try tapping the float bowls to free it up.

·
The Irish Crew
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Thanks again Jason, you're a star. I had to call in a mechanic but he got it sorted. Tank panels off and a long bar in and loads of tapping the float container on the carb and the thing stopped flooding. He was cursing about how awkward it is to get at the carbs.

·
Premium Member
612 Posts
imported post

That happened me once on the 1200. I dropped the bike (no damage) and when I got it back up one of the carbs was flooding. A mechanic friend just gave it a few taps and all was well. Much easier to get at on the 1200!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.