Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I am asking if anyone has made a pilot adjustimetn tool for their 1500 or is this going to be simlpy something I am going to have to order. I have looked everywhere for one. suggestions welcome.

MOXIE

·
Premium Member
521 Posts

·
It aint rocket science
3,920 Posts
imported post

I take it your carbs are off the bike. What do the pilot screws look like

JD

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Listened to my neighbor yesterday and boy what a great find. He told me to go through and tighten down everything from the carb to the end of the manifold. I found the left upper clamp on the carb base loose by 3 1/2 turns and the left rear manifold bolt loose buy a good half turn. Runs much better but I still want to do a pilot adjustment on it. All the spark plugs on the left side were light grey with the right side looking perfect. Took it for a ride ona fulltank of gas yesterday and pulled 37.8 mpg. Bad thing is I just bought the bike and had not done a MPG on it prior so I do not know were I stand on gas mileage. I ordered what was suppose to be the right tool from the Honda dealer and got it with a flat head screw driver head. Can anyone tell me if I can go through the top with the 90 degree tool if I remove the radiator reservoir and over flow tank verses going from the front.

·
Premium Member
521 Posts
imported post

Hi moxie, you would need to remove the air filter assembly at least I would think to maybe be able to do that, and then you would need to look thru that front anyway to know where to adjust..with modification to the tool I mentioned in previous post, I adjusted both as needed thru the front between the radiators, not easy tho but successful. I also understand that if you currently have the carbs out, replacement screws with "normal" head are available, not sure where from tho, someone will know, make it easier for possible future adjustment?

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.