8,921 Posts
imported post

Welcome from Oklahoma :waving: Enjoy the wing :cheesygrin:

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
imported post

maxlife247 wrote:
my speedometer and cruise control stopped working and i can not figure it out can anyone help please
[align=center]
[/align]
[align=center]Post your question over here maxlife247.......:readit: and Welcome again......:claps: http://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/forum1/[/align]

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

Hello again:waving::D

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
imported post

maxlife247 wrote:
my speedometer and cruise control stopped working and i can not figure it out can anyone help please
Welcome to the forum maxlife247
#1 pull Speedo cable from the front wheel. Pull out the inner cable and see if it is broken. Rusted or broken replace with a NEW Cable. Not used as most are rusted from lack of preventative maintenance lubrication.
If cable is not broken and or rusted, put bike on c-stand, Jack at front of engine so front wheel is off ground to spin it to check that the drive box on the wheel spins. If not the gear is broken from lack of grease. Again lack of PM.

·
Premium Member
28,832 Posts
imported post

Welcome, WelcomeTo Steve Saunders Goldwing Forum.If you have any questions no matter how trivial they may seem this forum is the place to ask them. What I have noticed is that some of the people here were :15red:'sin their previous lives and can answer any question you have. Theforums that I get the most from are::

Goldwing Technical Forum

General Motorcycle Discussion Forum

These have the best info aboutGoldwing’s and are where you ask questions and can get help..

For Sale/Wanted ForumGood stuff for Sale or if you have old parts sitting around the garage you would like to get rid of....

:18red::15red::12red::11red:

And when all you need is a good laugh to start your day try the:: Fun Forum After that it’s up to you which of the others you will like the best all I can do is suggest.

Again Welcome to the Forum...

Oh and did I mention everyone here loves pictures.. Show us some of yours... Even if it’s not a Goldwing just a pretty view

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
imported post

DITTO on NEWDAY777's advice! Had no drive gear problem; kept lubed well. BUT, NEVER checked speedo cable. Needle started bouncing at steady road speed, cruise became erratic. Center third of inner cable DRY/RUSTY, while upper/lower third was well lubed. After good cleaning and THOROUGH lube, all was well again. TTFN.....papasmurf

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
imported post

And please post a reply here what you find to close out the post and help others that come along looking for answers to their problem using the forum search bar.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.