Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I bought some Progressive fork springs for my new to me '97, and taking one of the caps off I discovered it already had some Progressive springs in them, but there is a shorter, obviously smaller in diameter spring inside the larger outer spring. 2 springs, but one inside the other, not end to end..

Can't seem to find out what the heck I have. The outer spring looks like the Progressive I have and all the pictures of them I can find...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
imported post

Found this response from CrystalPistol last May:

"The early Progressive 11-1152 springs in fact also were an inner and outer spring wound in opposite directions, just different winds and wire diameter than Honda used."

Plus I found this old thread:

http://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/forum1/45532-1.html

So I guess I may just have an older set of Progressives. Guess I'll just button them back up, and put on the fork brace..

Or should I put in the new ones, or return the new ones for credit and buy something else?

·
Lost on this *****
4,317 Posts
imported post

Since it is a progressive spring,,,,,,,, that means the PO had already done the upgrade. And maybe thought beefing it up with another spring inserted intoit,wouldmake it even better????? :?

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Winger77 wrote:
Since it is a progressive spring,,,,,,,, that means the PO had already done the upgrade. And maybe thought beefing it up with another spring inserted intoit,wouldmake it even better????? :?
Looks like they are Progressive, just older ones. Could be from when the bike was new, since it's not that old...

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
imported post

They look exactly like the older Progressives. I'd put them back in unless they are worn out, which is unlikely.

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

They are 'old tech' Progressives and were installed in a lot newer bike as to when those ones were soldand as you read in one of your included links, can be a source of rattle in the front end.

Seeing as you already have the 'new tech' version on hand and have the oldfork springs pulled, I would install the newer ones and refill your tubes with an appropriate mount of fork oil of your choice.

Dusty

·
Premium Member
445 Posts
imported post

Obviously you were not happy with the current springs or you would have never purchased New Progressive springs. I agree with above poster, change the springs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.