1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi I am new to the forum.

I need help with my cooling system.

My fan is running when i turn on the bike.

Bike is getting hot when I let it idle.

I put coolant in it but cannot find the rad.:praying:

Meath Dragon

·
Premium Member
12,779 Posts
imported post

:waving:Hello and Welcome .does your Temp gauge show a high temperature?OR does the fan just run all the time?There is a chance the temp gauge sensor is bad or the wire has become chafed and grounding out ,which would cause the fan to run.Your1500 has two radiators . They are located behind the screen at the rear of the front wheel . Air flows in the front and exits out both sides . Each rad has its own fan . If you have topped off the coolant ( under the key switch panel area ) then perhaps you have a stuck thermostat . The thermostat is located at the top side of the enginebetween the two radiators . At the bottom center of the upper radiator hose . Where I live in Hot Florida I hardly ever have my fans cycle on .

For more help , post your question in the Technical Forum . Perhaps a moderator will move this thread for you .

Enjoy the forums and visit often .

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the forum. Your question should be in the technical forum, not here in the introduction forum. If one of the moderators doesn't move it for you, you might repost your questions in the tech forum where the gurus spend their time.

I'll take a quick stab while I am here. The fan running all the time means a bad fan switch.

The rad filler cap is under the right side steering head plastic trim piece shown in the picture. You can just make out the black rad filler cap below thr trim piece.

·
Senior Guru
3,589 Posts
imported post

There are two radiators, you can see them behind the forks, behind the plastic grille. The radiator cap is where Ted said, just the one radiator cap feeds both radiators.

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

[align=center]

[/align]
[align=center]Welcome Meath Dragon[/align]

·
Premium Member
68,164 Posts
imported post

WELCOME:waving::waving::waving:

·
Premium Member
28,832 Posts
imported post

Welcome, WelcomeTo Steve Saunders Goldwing Forum.If you have any questions no matter how trivial they may seem this forum is the place to ask them. What I have noticed is that some of the people here were :15red:'sin their previous lives and can answer any question you have. Theforums that I get the most from are::

Goldwing Technical Forum

General Motorcycle Discussion Forum

These have the best info aboutGoldwing’s and are where you ask questions and can get help..

For Sale/Wanted ForumGood stuff for Sale or if you have old parts sitting around the garage you would like to get rid of....

:18red::15red::12red::11red:

And when all you need is a good laugh to start your day try the:: Fun Forum After that it’s up to you which of the others you will like the best all I can do is suggest.

Again Welcome to the Forum...

Oh and did I mention everyone here loves pictures.. Show us some of yours... Even if it’s not a Goldwing just a pretty view

·
Premium Member
2,642 Posts
imported post

Make sure you take the radiator cap off and check the coolant in there. If you just filled the overflow then the actual radiator could be very low. Are both fans running or only one?

·
Premium Member
1,039 Posts
imported post

Welcome Meath Dragon , the 1500 is a very highly engineered and complicated machine and i seriously advise you to access a manual for your bike. It will be the best money you have ever spent on her.
I keep mine in the bathroom and peruse it daily !

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

Hi Thanks for the info its very helpfull.

I found the radiator topped it up with coolant.

It sorted out the overheating problem.

Fan is coming on when i turn on ignition will check out the info.

Regards

Meath Dragon:waving:

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

Sorted out the overheating problem.

Temp gauge was high.

Topped both coolant and radiator sorted out the overheating problem.

Will have to turn attention to the fan.

Thanks for the info.

Meath Dragon

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
imported post

Yeah both fans are running.

Drove the bike for an hour with no problems.

Just the fan is running the whole time.

Thanks for the info.

Meath Dragon

·
mr irrelevant
2,205 Posts
imported post

Another member here bought a used 1500 from someone, fans were always running..Previous owner had put them through a switch which could be turned off and on as needed..Do you have any switched on your dash or handlebars that you dont know what are for?

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
imported post

Fan running all the time means a bad fan switch. The switch in on the bottom of one of the radiators, left one I think. It's easy to get to, just pop the lower cowl off.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.