Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My right speakers started cutting out today, figured out that if I pushed on the connector at the radio that they would come back on.

I pulled the console, unplugged/replugged -- no change. Unplugged, sprayed some contact cleaner -- no change. No visible damage to either the wires or pins on either side.

Is it typically the connector? Or a broken connection inside the radio side connector? Or anything common I can check?

Thanks in advance,
Iz

·
Administrator
27,933 Posts
Probably a cracked solder joint in the radio.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I will end up pulling it back apart in another week or two.

·
Premium Member
2,790 Posts
after the connector,first place i'd check would be the speakers

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
after the connector,first place i'd check would be the speakers
+1 the connectors sometimes are loose and slip off or a pinched wire.

Front or rear, or both?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Both front and rear, only the right side. If I reach under the top cover and jiggle the big rubber boot around the connectors, the right side comes back on -- speakers and rest of the wiring has to be good, problem is at the connector.

·
Premium Member
1,245 Posts
What about dirt in Fader or any button the could cause similar trbls !!! also fader control cabels and connector left side of fairing ....

·
Administrator
27,933 Posts
Both front and rear, only the right side. If I reach under the top cover and jiggle the big rubber boot around the connectors, the right side comes back on -- speakers and rest of the wiring has to be good, problem is at the connector.

You guys are just not paying attention.

·
Premium Member
476 Posts
I would check the speakerts first before tearing stuff apart...

Hook up another speaker...

Check the speaker itself- use a known good 1.5v battery and connect it to the speaker leads... should be a scratchy sound... no sound = bad speaker...

trace it back from there...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You guys are just not paying attention.
Thanks, Dave :)

Its not in the fader, I can physically move the one connector at the radio and make it stop or start. Just looking to know if there is a known problem either with the wires, connector, or the pins coming out of the radio.

·
Administrator
27,933 Posts
Thanks, Dave :)

Its not in the fader, I can physically move the one connector at the radio and make it stop or start. Just looking to know if there is a known problem either with the wires, connector, or the pins coming out of the radio.

No problem, we get a lot of that.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.