Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm wondering if a radio cover is necessary for GL 1500? Will the radio become disfunctional if it rains??

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
I have been in some very heavy rains without the cover on and have never had any problems with the radio but its not a bad ideal to have one.

·
Oh - THAT guy...
3,276 Posts
Same here. I ride year round here in the northwest (Oregon) and have not used the cover pretty much for years. I have been known to put it on if I am going to be in a known downpour on the way to work and do not want to listen to the radio or mp3 anyway, or if I am going to leave it outside overnight in the rain.

·
Premium Member
1,046 Posts
When I ride to work, I park in a municiple parking lot. Last year, a strong T-storm rolled through during the day & my radio did stop working for a couple of days. This last spring I bought a cover from Cyclemax.
http://cyclemax.com/inc/sdetail/86/127001

Now if there is a storm in the forcast, I put the cover on when I get to work.

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
I had never installed my radio cover. Living on the eastern part of Canada where there were at times some pretty heavy downpours.. Never had any problems.

:18black:

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
I think it does more for sun protection with the stock ABS cover. Those new ones that are see through may enhance sun damage.
I don't use mine much either.

·
Token Canuk
8,236 Posts
Like the others, my bike has been through some pretty heavy storms without any radio problems without the cover....that said, I since have installed my cover with gold hinges giving me some more mounting surface for whatever. I cut out the area of the volume & tone controls so I can adjust them without having to life the cover. :waving:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.