Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Hello all i am new and trying to figure out the radio on my 1993 gl1500 aspencade...

Ok here's the story...My battery was dead so I jump started it with a high voltage boost. This made the engine start, but blew the bulbs in the headlight. I have now replaced the bulbs, but my radio is still not working. I have checked all the fuses on the left side, and they are good. On the instrument cluster, the only thing that lights up is the clock. The radio is getting power because the knob lights on the radio are illuminated and the intercom still works so does anyone have any ideas I am lost?

Thanks,

jay

·
Piled Higher and Deeper
4,513 Posts
imported post

If it is any consolation, I did the same thing a few years ago with my GL1100... I can't point you to specifics.. but after checking every single fuse and bulb, I'd be suspect of any solid state device that was turned on when it was jumped. If you suspect a radio problem, send it to seirra electronics for a checkup... Also, there area couple of fuses inside the relay box in addition to the fuse block...

For future reference to readers... a high amperage booster has the potential to burn out anything connected.... This is particularly true if the battery has high resistance (as in a battery near end of life) as there are very high peaks of "ripple" AC... about 20-25 volts if I remember..

·
Piled Higher and Deeper
4,513 Posts
imported post

And I should have said a great big WELCOME to the forum!!! Sorry that you found us after the problem developed, but glad you're here...

·
Administrator
1987 GL1200 Interstate
23,277 Posts
imported post

Hey Jay, welcome to the forum.

I don't know about the GL15, but the GL12 has 2 different radio fuses under the left fairing pocket. May be the ones Sandie is referring to.

Do you have a dealer close by? One of the techs can probably tell you where to look. Or maybe you can look at the fisch on this site.
http://www.westernhonda.com

Let us know what you find.

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
imported post

ok thanks to you all for trying to help but i cant firure it out so i guess im going to have to take it in to the shop , but if any one has any mor ideas next friday let me know and THANKS

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.