Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy,
My speakers were working fine last fall. I rode a few times this winter and didn't use them much. But now I find I have lost the left side completely.

I even pulled the radio to unplug and plug that in figuring it might be a bad connection.

I have checked all connections, Unplugging and Re Plugging them in. The fader switch works to change from front to rear with no static.

But these fader switches are kinda junk.

Does anybody have the pin out for these multi wired Fader switches?

I would as soon just do away with it and make the speakers all work at once.

Let me know what you think.

Mohawk

·
The Irish Crew
3,932 Posts
You can unplug the fader to see if all the speakers work. If not you could have a blown channel in the audio unit. But that's rare, usually it's the fader to blame.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
After tearing everything, and I mean EVERYTHING apart. I find my rear Speaker was unpluged.

I put in a pair of those Polk larger speakers last fall. And due to the position of where the wires plug in. The wires were tight.
So they came unplugged while raising and lowering the trunk.

Go Figure.

I bought a new set of Polk's for the front too.

SO I am ripping the front end apart to change and check them too.

Fader seems to work great.

Oh Well, Live and learn and I needed to pull this down to take care of some minor things.

I may as well replace all the dash bulbs while I got it apart.

Have a GREAT WEEK Guys.

Mohawk

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I found one weird thing. When I connected the rear speaker back up. The front left speaker started working again.

I thought that was weird and unplugged the left rear speaker and again the left front speaker quit working.

Must be wired like Christmas Lights. Or sensing continuity in that line.

Hmmm, "White Mans" Magic....

Don't know why, but they all are working again and the fader works too.

Mohawk

·
Premium Member
530 Posts
thanks for posting the info on your speakers,i think i have the same problem. I even plugged in another radio still only had speakers on one side.so i will be checking the rear speaker. thanks again.

·
Busdriver
1,037 Posts
Pull the seat off and check and clean the connection where the rears plug into the main harness. Should be inside the black rubber boot.
I would also pull the 3 connectors up front where the fader plugs in and clean those too.
Still suspect a bad fader as that is the most common problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.