Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

thanks for this great forum i bought a gl 1500 6 months ago and the radio has never worked properly the tape deck works fine with a tape adapter and a ipod but my FM doesn't get any stations it only has static my AM works fuzzy and with static . also the left hand switch assembly with the tuner ans mute features seem to work when they want. i would love and all advice.thanks in advance for your help mongo3tmf

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Thanks ill dbl check it. Mongo3tmf

·
Premium Member
3,311 Posts
imported post

Try spraying the tuning and mute switches with some electrical contact cleaner. Put the straw beside the button and give it a shot or two while working the switch. Get the kind that won't harm plastic. I got some at Walmart the other day... CRC brand I believe, in the automotive section.

·
Premium Member
1,039 Posts
imported post

Welcome mongo ., sounds like bad ant. coninuity , check for corrosion were the ant. connects to radio and any other ant. connections.
Check for good ant. ground .
The coax ant. cable will wick water through its length if a bad seal is at the ant. end .
If you find corrosion at the ant. radio connection you should replace the coax. cable and check the coax. to ant. connector for good seal.

·
Vendor
680 Posts
imported post

AM fuzzy but no FM indicates bad alignment of the FM tuner pack and possibly AM. The AM requires an antenna but FM will work to some degree on just the coax and mount.

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
imported post

In addition to Mongo3tmf's problem, I would like to ask if there is any way to alter the FM frequencies the radio serves? Living in a country where most FM station's frequencies range between 87 and 107, the radio is pretty much "dumb" around here.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.