Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

A few days ago I had asked about changing the rear brake rotor and caliper bracket to the newer style.

I havepurchased a bracket from Ebay that is supposed to be from a 1994 Wing. But, it's exactly the same as my 1989. And the caliper does not line up with the rotor. Didn't the rotor size change in 1991 or 1992 to the bigger diameter?

Do you suppose that I was sold an older bracket than what the seller said? Or do I need a newer bracket to change to the 12 1/2" rotor?

This change can be made...Right? Any info is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Do a search on rear brake and brake rotor, there was a good bit of discussion on this matter a couple weeks ago. If your caliper is stuck on it's mounting bolt and pin, this can also make the caliper seem out of alignment when you put in new pads, make sure they are free to allow the caliper to move.

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

The problem I experienced was that when I rested the caliper on the rotor, the hole for the axle didn't reach. The holes for the axle and the pin have the right distance. But, the caliper doesn't sit high enough to allow it to clear the rotor edge. It's about 1/2" too short.

Thanks for your input.

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Hi ride-on :waving:Welcome to the forum and visit often. :clapper:

:jumper::18red::jumper:

·
Senior Guru
3,589 Posts
imported post

Hi ride-on. The rotors are different on the 88 & 89. You may have been given the wrong bracket.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

A half inch too short sounds like you've got the earlier bracket. I believe the increase in rotor size was 1" inch so 1/2" off sounds like the wrong bracket.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.