Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI FOLKS:
Owned my '95SE sidecar rig 12 years. Came with well-worn [17,700 mi.]OEM Dunlop K177s on it, when bought solo.
New tires tried on REAR: Dunlop E2, Metzler 880, Avon Venom [fit fine in swingarm; great until tread punctured by old knife blade], newer Avon Venom [now 8 1/2" wide; rubbed inside right swingarm; had to remove!...wife now has flowers planted it it], Dunlop E3 [sold it], finally an Austone [circumference too large; reduced my engine rpms too much, too much downshifting, hard starts; lost my engine 10 months later, from too much lugging/ stress].
Beside a NOISY E3 again [echoes terrible off sidecar body!], Venom [too wide, so a No-Go], WHAT OTHER 7 1/2" wide max, m/c rear tire IS available? A Bridgestone? ....or? :? TTFN.....Old Tom aka papasmurf in NH

·
The Irish Crew
3,932 Posts
I think the E3 is well known for noise even with no load pulled. Metzelers still are suspects for delaminating.

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
I'm running the Dunlop ROF Winter Sport 175/60R16 on my rig. Installed it three years and 15K miles ago. It was tight but I've had no trouble with rubbing. It lowers the stance of the rig a little but not too much to cause any issues for me. Tire still looks new and rides great, even on those few occasions when I've removed the hack and ridden it on two. I'm very pleased so far!

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
I'm running the Dunlop ROF Winter Sport 175/60R16 on my rig. Installed it three years and 15K miles ago. It was tight but I've had no trouble with rubbing. It lowers the stance of the rig a little but not too much to cause any issues for me. Tire still looks new and rides great, even on those few occasions when I've removed the hack and ridden it on two. I'm very pleased so far!
Sorry to say, but Dunlop no longer makes that Size of the wintersport.

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
I just purchased brand new Avons about a month ago myself but have not mounted them yet. After reading your post I contacted Avon Tyres and asked about this and if any other reports of this have come in. I talked to a lady named Sukoshi Fahey and this is the first time she has heard of this. She would like you to contact her at
425 493-0899 or call the 800 number on the Avon web site. She seems like a very helpful lady.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.