Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I'm trying to find out the rear Wheel width is on the GL1500. (Inside bead to inside bead.
A pic with a tape measure would be the bomb.

Can anyone help?

TIA.

·
Premium Member
348 Posts
I'll see what I have that might help, , , BUT , , ,just for clarification, ,, , It looks like you have a 1200 and an 1800 but this information is for a 1500??

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll see what I have that might help, , , BUT , , ,just for clarification, ,, , It looks like you have a 1200 and an 1800 but this information is for a 1500??
Thanks for the reply.
The reason for my question is, for my 1200 SEI.

I'm considering installing a 1500 drive/caliper bracket,wheel, so I can run a runflat on the SEi.

after I wear out the new tire on the bike.

·
Premium Member
348 Posts
I didn't find any pictures that would help you, , but the rear rim tire width is "listed" at 3.5" at the surface where the tire "bead" is located. If I find anything more, I'll let you know.

·
Premium Member
3,351 Posts
Thanks for the reply.
The reason for my question is, for my 1200 SEI.

I'm considering installing a 1500 drive/caliper bracket,wheel, so I can run a runflat on the SEi.

after I wear out the new tire on the bike.
Over several years, I accumulated two complete take off sets of parts from triked 1500s to do this, but I was gonna probably use Avon rear tire 150/80-16 but then I read / collected info on using General Altimax 195-55-R16. My reason for wanting to do the wheel/brake rotor/FD swap was to get better braking due to larger rotor and better bearing set up in the 1500 rear wheel.

I sold my bike, but I had saved pics of the tire in place. Not my bike, but is a 1200.

Attachments

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you to both of you.

That is the info I was looking for.

Crystalpistol. I am of the same reasoning, behind seeking this information.

I also couldn't find a Run Flat available for a 1200 15" wheel.

I like the drilled 1500 Rotor as well as it being larger. (I have a few rotor options to choose from as well)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts