Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
Can anyone tell me, if I change my rear wheel on my 88 wing to a 95 rear wheel, is it just the spider I have to replace to a five pin ? Does everything else like the disc and spindle fit from the original 88 set up. Any info would be great, cheers:)

·
Premium Member
3,725 Posts
Yeah, forgot brake rotor diameter was also changed but you can just reuse original .... unless you want that upgraded in which you will need a caliper mount (caliper is same)?

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was intending using the original rotor as it was only fitted new last year. So would I need the later dust cover if I don't upgrade the brake rotor.

·
Anti-Guru
2,711 Posts
I was intending using the original rotor as it was only fitted new last year. So would I need the later dust cover if I don't upgrade the brake rotor.

Yeah -- Driven flange and dustcover (if you keep the older rotor & caliper mount) ...

The outside diameter of the center of the wheel is larger for the 5-pin setup, which is why you'll need the dust shield change. - the shield is held onto the final drive with one bolt, quick and easy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.